Where is the Love

by dearone 25 Replies latest jw friends

• dearone
    dearone

Hi I'm Dearone I have been reading here for quite some time. Presently am an active Witness in good standing with two teenage daughters. What originally brought me her was disillusion with the lack of love I experienced in the congregations I have attended. I was treated soooo badly by different sisters on many occasions that I really started to question whether or not this was the truth. The identifying mark is love, yet there is very little. It got to the point that I even wondered if something was wrong with me. But when I started to express my feelings to my friends in different congregations they all had similar expriences as myself, some even worse.

I have found people of different religions such as Penticostal to be extremely loving and kind. I know it's not an act because I work with them for many years eight hours a day so the true person would have to come out. But I just attend meetings a few hours a week and boy did I see some of the nastiest people in the Hall.

Right now I consider myself independant. What I mean by that is I will continue to serve my heavenly father but I will not abide by rules and regulations that are not scriptual. I used to be the one who did whatever FDS said go left, I went left, go right I would turn right do the hokey pokey, whatever was asked of me. But I am not that person anymore. I do believe that there is a lot of good and some real sincere and genuine loving friends but that is not the rule.

I don't believe the blood issue is correct. When I was a baby I had a transfusion that saved my life. I just can't see how Jehovah would rather I be dead. It makes no sense. Also my daughter snuk? and went to a birthday party of one of her schoolmate and when I found out I wasn't upset that she went to that party, just that she lied to me. So I let her know that all I want is honesty and that if she wants to experince life don't hide it from me. I understand where she is coming from. My kids are also free to associated with good worldly kids.

I don't know what the future holds for me I did have one foot out the door but I just take life one day at a time. I love God and Jesus plays an integral part in my life. There is not enough enphasis of Christ.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi there, and welcome.

I've experienced all the things you mentioned - that's why I left.

Jesus Christ is no part of that organization.

Sylvia

• looloo
    looloo

hi there welcome , you sound just like how i felt , and there are some nice folk on here too x

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Welcome to the board Dearone

Josie

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome to the board!!

• Pandoras cat11
    Pandoras cat11

Hi, I'm glad you posted your story!! Welcome and let me assure you that you are not alone!

Pandora's cat

• mouthy
    mouthy

Dearone WELCOME....Glad you can join us.
    I think SOME in the WT has love.Because I remember
    when I was there LOLMe a three other sisters went & cleaned
    the house of a very dirty lady with kiddies,Painted her rooms,
    took groceries,etc, We used to look for "worldly" folks we could DO for
    Yes !!!I know it was to convert,but it was truthfully because we wanted
    to please Jehovah.... Of course when after six months they made no
    effort to attend a meeting our love cooled
    Where is the LOVE??? My answer is anyone that helps ANYONE in need
    regardless of their beliefs, is using LOVE!!! I believe the GOD of love is Jesus
    http://exjw.weebly.com/

Mouthy

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

Welcome Dearone, I too experienced "The Truth" that you descibe. I like this quote :

"While producing people who were outwardly moral, they subverted the essential qualities of humility,compassion and mercy."-Raymond Franz

BF

• Newborn
    Newborn

warm Welcome from me too!!

I'm glad you've an open mind and can see things for what they are.

You will find much support and much more love here

Your friend

Newborn

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome, Dear One!

Love,
    Baba.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit