Where is the Love

by dearone 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Welcome Dearone.

In the real world there is love and hate but in the organisation a love which is by definition conditional.

If you were unlucky in the Watchtower Society that's too bad.

They love people to death.

Matt.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Welcome Dearone, I strongly suggest you read Ray Franz book Crisis of Conscience and also In Search of Christian Freedom. You will find in those books a confirmation of your experiences.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Right now I consider myself independant. What I mean by that is I will continue to serve my heavenly father but I will not abide by rules and regulations that are not scriptual. I used to be the one who did whatever FDS said go left, I went left, go right I would turn right do the hokey pokey, whatever was asked of me. But I am not that person anymore. I do believe that there is a lot of good and some real sincere and genuine loving friends but that is not the rule.
    I don't believe the blood issue is correct. When I was a baby I had a transfusion that saved my life. I just can't see how Jehovah would rather I be dead. It makes no sense. Also my daughter snuk? and went to a birthday party of one of her schoolmate and when I found out I wasn't upset that she went to that party, just that she lied to me. So I let her know that all I want is honesty and that if she wants to experince life don't hide it from me. I understand where she is coming from. My kids are also free to associated with good worldly kids.
    I don't know what the future holds for me I did have one foot out the door but I just take life one day at a time. I love God and Jesus plays an integral part in my life. There is not enough enphasis of Christ.

Well, honey, with an attitude like that, you'll get along just fine with most people here! But once the elders learn of it, both of your feet will be pushed out the door, (LOL)! Welcome to JWN. I hope you find hat you're looking for.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Greetings DearOne.

Yes, where is the love that Jesus said "by your love for one another, they will know that you are my deciples" If any group is exluding another for whatever reasons - there is no love. If you are condeming / shunning your brother/sister/mother/father because they don't agree with you - there is no love. Jesus never said as my elders at my Judicial Committee said " Louise it's not the love that makes us Jesus deciples it's that we are neutral, we don't get invovled in the worlds' politics" I couldn't believe what I was hearing - I looked at the elders and asked them to repeat what they had said, because Jesus said it was our love for one another......

I am no longer a JW - I left for my own reasons - I don't condem my former brothers, though I do not agree with them.

Yes Christ is seriously lacking from their teachings. Look to Christ an you'll find your way.

Be blessed.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Hi Dearone,

This was my experience too and also caused me to start asking questions.

The lack of love in many congregations is palpable. Talk about shooting themselves in the foot.

Welcome aboard, you'll find plenty of love here.

the borg

• dearone
    dearone

Thank you all for your hearty welcome. I look forward to being a part of this board and getting to know you all better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit