OFFICIAL-WT&AWAKE SUBSCRIPTIONS NO MORE

by lookin 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Outside of JWs, there are only a few people who have subscriptions. Many are (in this area) for non-english speaking people and a few 'magazine calls'.

I think the "keeping the magazines out of the hands of apostates" things is a very minor consideration compared to cost. With so many billions of magazines floating around, it usually is not a problem to get a hold of them if you wanted them. If this was really a concern, they would have never put out the WT CD library which was a WT critic's dream.

Path

• ballistic
    ballistic

Did you know that the witnesses believe the Watchtower is symbolised in the revelations as their weapon of warfare?
    I think for this reason, they have been willing for years to print as many millions as possible and throw them at the public like throwing mud at a wall, hoping some will stick.
    I expect that this decision was made by the new body which looks after the financial matters of the org and not by the GB who (for the biblical reason) would probably not be so objective when looking at balance sheets.
    One has to look at this decision in the same light as the decision to cut pioneer hours: it is purely statistical analysis that the number of magazines published and the number of hours spent in witnessing is extrememly (EXTREMELY - LOOK AT THE FIGURES) in-efficient.
    The watchtower has to tighten it's belt, buckle up, streamline, get ready for the long haul, not presume it will come tomorrow. Only accountants could come up with this strategy, for if the GB suggested this action, they would not be "putting their trust in Jehovah".

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    Only sincerely interested persons are to have the literature, and every effort must be made to get the person's name.

Well I'm a pretty "sincerely interested person". Only thing is that I want to identify all the lying that is going on in these publications.

hawk

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

If the WT is so afraid of who gets their magazines and who doesn't, Why do they stand at the bus stop and hand them out to anyone that walks by? If you want one all you have to do is go look in the garbage cans and on the side walk because that’s where 99% of them end up.

Will

• chester
    chester

Pathofthorns
    said

If this was really a concern, they would have never put out the WT CD library which was a WT critic's dream.

I was thinking about this just last night and I personally feel that they had no idea that the WT CD library could be so useful to their critics.

I used it last night to do some research on their past teachings and came up with some findings that really shocked me.

I was able to show my Jdub wife right from their own publications what they teach. She was amazed at what we were able to find out all the way back to the 1950 WT.

Chester

• LDH
    LDH

On the up side, our well meaning relatives can no longer bombard us with not-wanted literature.

On the downside, I will have to pretend I have interest to get on a magazine route. This should be easy enough to do.

Lisa

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Lisa, you "pretend" too? Carry on woman!!

Tips on how to start a magazine route.

1) Get some mags.
    2) Get some territory.
    3) Go to territory with mags.
    4) Put magazine in door.
    5) Run away.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Finances must not being as healthy as the Society would like. I think this is telling myself.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I just think it's hilarious that, this being a phenomenal change in Watchtower strategy, that we aren't hearing from any of the active Jehovah's Witnesses elders on the board.

you know, the one(s) who went to elder's school recently?

come out, come out, wherever you are. Your public awaits!!!!

BITE ME, WATCHTOWER!!!

• Tina
    Tina

awwwwwwwwheck,
    Now what is wasasis gonna use for packing paper in her gift boxes bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,luv ya sis,T (that cracked me up)

Vive Bene
    Spesso L'amore
    Di Risata Molto!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit