OFFICIAL-WT&AWAKE SUBSCRIPTIONS NO MORE

by lookin 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lookin
    lookin

It is official in USA. The announcement was made at the Service Meeting.

Letter read due to cost of postage...Once your subsription expires it will not be renewed.

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

......awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww no more mags for me then!........Jedd

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Wonder why the USA took so long to get on this bandwagon? At least they admit it was all about $$$.

Path

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

They may have blamed it publicly on money, but know this:

Also at the meeting, they said:

Only sincerely interested persons are to have the literature, and every effort must be made to get the person's name.

Braille copies will still be mailed out.

Isolated interested ones will still have theirs mailed out.

Magazines are to be delivered by baptized/unbaptized publishers only.

The purpose of placing the magazines is now specifically to start a home bible study.

I don't know about you, but it sounds like a 'circle the wagons, the apostates are coming' to me.

Run, watchtower run!!!

BITE ME, WATCHTOWER!!!

• anewperson
    anewperson

Yes, lots of revelations out there coming back to haunt them from them "apostates" like the coroner whose death certificate for JF Rutherford clearly says he died of cancer of the RECTUM. He, Chitty and Greenlees sure were characters there in the inner circle. Maybe Sydlik, Barber and others would care to comment? Sydlik's wife and her fellow who got axed at the writing desk. See my post above on this JFR matter for which Farkel provided the document over on the main board, please.

• lookin
    lookin

anewperson: what friend of marina got axed from writing? why? what happened?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I am glad the Society is going away from the mail subscriptions. Fewer people will be getting "the word" and the publishers will have their hands full on their magazine routes. I was a paperboy once, and I could just see each of them with their lists of who gets the latest copy and who doesn't.

Another reason why this makes sence, is they can say magazine placements are up, because the subscriptions took away from that catagory on their stat sheet.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

If this is the case does it apply to congregation members or to the public or both? Could someone scan page 2 of a current Watchtower to prove that the WTS no longer prints:

NOW PUBLISHED IN 14n LANGUAGES. SEMIMONTHLY LANGUAGES AVAILABLE BY MAIL: Afrikaans...English,*#...

* Study articles also available in large-print edition.
    # Audiocassettes also available

Thirdson

• AlanF
    AlanF

This is pretty funny, really. Most of the magazines go right in the garbage anyway. They're virtually ineffective in starting "home Bible studies". This is an act of desperation on the Society's part. And as someone pointed out, it's an overt move to keep ammunition out of the hands of critics.

AlanF

• Satanus
    Satanus

Are the waters of lifegiving truth drying up, or the apocalyptic scorpions making the asses of their senders sting? hahahaha

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit