Hello everyone

by Wordlygirl 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Wordlygirl
    Wordlygirl

I have been lurking on here for some time and I finally decided to join the fray. I am 25 years old and was raised in the Society. Fortunately when I was 8, my father left the organization and this allowed me to see the wrold from both angles, the JW (mom) and not (dad).

At first, I was strongly on the side of the Witnesses and I even allowed myself to be convinced that getting baptised at 11 was a good idea. Then the next several years happened and I began to see the organization for what is really was instead of what it pretended to be, which is a shame because there are so many good hearted people in it who give their soul 100% and no questions asked.

My "issues" began when I hit puberty. I had the unfortunate luck to develop early and many said I looked 18 when I was 13. At first I loved the attention because it put my parents on guard and it was cool being the center of many mens fancy.

But I eventaully was counseled for being to flirty and I had to watch every step I took. As often the case is with Witness females, I got married at 18 to a 20 year old guy in our congregation. He was a nice guy, but we were just too young and inexperienced to be in such an arrangement.

We eventually separated after a year and about 8 months after that we were divorced. I was quite distraught over the ordeal and it took me a while to get my head on straight. I feel for my dad who stuck with me through this mess and he was not judgemental over it.

Three years ago I hooked up with a boy I knew in high school and we hit it off really well. He had just joined the Marines, but I didn't care, I really loved this man. We got married in Febuary 2007 and I moved with him to Camp Pendeleton in Southern California. Strangely, I was never reproved or disfellowshipped over this, but I was tagged with a moniker, "Worldygirl". My dad insisted that this was wrong and because I talk so much, rechristened me "Wordlygirl".

In April he was deployed to Iraq and it was a nerve racking period for me. I didn't think the US should be over there, but I supported my husband and his career. In November 2007, he came home for a month furlough and left again on Dec 28.

Then in January 2008 I received the terrible news that my love and my life had been killed by sniper fire in a town that was thought to be "safe". I don't even remember breathing in the first few weeks that followed and I am so thankful that my non-JW side of the family was there for support.

In April 2008 I discovered I was pregnant and I was so happy that I was carrying a part of my husband with me. She was born on Sept 6, 2008 and she has been the one who has kept me straight. I wake every morning and look forward to seeing the most beautiful little face I have ever seen.

I will reveal more later, but now I have to get to work.

Wordlygirl

I hope to learn more as I continue to paruse through the old posts.

• Emma
    Emma

Welcome and thank you for sharing your story. I'm so sorry about the loss of your husband. You are blessed with your daughter.

emma

• ataloa
    ataloa

Oh, wordlygirl, so sorry about your husband. Welcome to the board.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome Wordlygirl! I am very sorry to hear about your husband. Unfortunately, in this life, at some point we all lose people we love. I sure hope you get to see him again one day! And...I am so glad you have your daughter. What a wonderful gift!

I wake every morning and look forward to seeing the most beautiful little face I have ever seen.

Awwww, that's so sweet! You will be a great Mom.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Welcome! Very sorry to hear about your loss, but happy to hear about your daughter.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Welcome to the board!!

I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband. I'm so happy for you that you have a beautiful daughter so that you will always have a part of your dear husband still here with you. I'm sure she is just precious!!

I look forward to seeing more of your story.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Sorry about your loss, but welcome to the board!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• mouthy
    mouthy

MY deepest sympathy in your great loss. So happy you have part of him
    The old saying"It is better to have loved & lost,than never to have loved at all"
    I am so glad to hear your Dad stuck by you.
    My belief is as the song says "WE"ll MEET AGAIN" should be your message to
    your little girls DADDY!!!!
    God bless ,sounds like she has a good Mum

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

God girl, you got me feeling all emotional! Sad, but happy you have a daughter to cherish! Welcome from Australia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit