Were your kids distressed after time with JWs?

by hamsterbait 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I am asking this as I think testimony from first hand could help people see what danger they leave their children in with JW baby sitters etc.

My friends let their 10 yr old daughter stay the weekend with her JW cousins.

When she came back she was having nightmares, bursting into tears, clingy (as her mother might be killed at Armageddon before she got home from school). and asking explicit sexual questions, (yes they had taken her to the Kingdumb Hell)

I am repeating this post as it disappeared the first time. It is as if the JW sees the situation as an opportunity to "witness", resulting in mind poisoning.

I think it is important that the message is put across:

NEVER EVER LEAVE YOUR CHILD ALONE WITH A JW.

Can anybody else share similar for those who need to really see the dangers?

How many agree/disagree?

HB

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Problem is ..JW`s will not respect the wish`s of Non-Jw Parents........They are sneaky and devious..........You can`t trust JW`s alone with your kids for many reasons..Thats just one of them...............OUTLAW

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

mine usually came back happy and tired.

Hamsterbait children are different, Jehovahs witnesses are different. One child may come back crying another may not. One witness may use the opportunity to witness to the child another may not. I certainly would not say "never leave your child alone with a JW". That is just fanciful thinking on your part that JWs pose such extreme danger to children.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

QuietlyLeaving.. Most JW`s will not honour a Non JW parents wishs.......It`s impossible for them..They talk about the religion non stop........I have a Large JW family,they never shut up........................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I wonder if in a custody battle some of the more explicit Watchtower articles (you know the ones about certain naught practices that list them in frank detail) to court and tell the judge that those words are read aloud to children and you don't think such language is appropriate in front of them, especially during a church service.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

my physiotherapist used to have a JW nanny for her children. She has nothing but praise for the witness and even got invited to the witness' wedding when she got married. Witness nannies are highly prized.

edit: but I understand what you guys mean - hamsterbait, outlaw - we know how it works (the seductive hooks) and wish it hadn't

• villabolo
    villabolo

I knew a couple who had to dismiss their Witness nanny for preaching too much to their child. Bottom line is, JWs are people with an agenda and most of them can be counted on to try to convert anyone. Of course, there are some who aren't dumb and want to keep their jobs as nannies but remember the old saying, the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.

villabolo

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

Did you ever see the movie The hand that rocks the cradle?

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/21363/The-Hand-That-Rocks-the-Cradle/overview

It is a scary thought that one's family is being sabotaged.

I would worry about sexual abuse because of the concerns about sex by the child. Go see a psychologist with her! He / She may be in harms way.

Regards,

Paul

• reniaa
    reniaa

I truly dislike this type of thread it is is demonising witnesses and there many hate atrocities throughout history of what happens when you start thinking a people are unfit for contact with other humans. where do you stop? Should you gather witnesses together to keep them from their contaminating influence or should you ban the religion and make it impossible for anyone to worship Jehovah?

and for the record I think this is a made up experience by hamsterbait it doesn't have the ring of truth about it. I think you are lying hamsterbait!

Reniaa

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I wish I had kids to speak of....I thought Armagedon was coming so wanted to wait "afew more years" ...I'm now 37 and planning to have some....thanks Watchtower! I will be 80 when they graduate from College!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit