Were your kids distressed after time with JWs?

by hamsterbait 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My daugther was tortured by JW kids and in a sexual way, too. She told an elder's wife who told her to keep the whole thing quiet and not to even tell me. You can imagine that she is still very traumatized, even at 30 years old.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Bookmarking.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My daughter was tortured sexually by her JW cousins. When she told an elder's wife, the woman told my terrified daughter to be quiet, tell no one, not even me. One of the things the boys did to my daughter should have killed her and it left her scarred physically and emotionally to this day. She is 30 and still having nightmares and extreme distress over this torture. It truly is a miracle that she didn't die.

My sister, who was the victim of sexual abuse. My sister who hates my mother for not believing her when she confronted the abuser in front of Mom...My sister the JW said that there has to be an accusation at the mouth of two witnesses and that many women accuse men falsely and bla bla bla. Can you see why my little girl, who was four and younger at the time, didn't tell my sister? She knew she would be called a liar.

The policies of the WTBTS are demonized. There is no argument that can be brought to their defense.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Reniaa: always accusing others of what you yourself and your fellow Witnesses are guilty off. Remember every scripture that starts off with 'woe to you scribes and pharisees, hypocrites . . ."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I will tell you why some children can go to witless homes and not be touched, while others are scared to death.

First, the children are different. Some children have already made up their minds that God is nothing worthy of worship or have a firm religion, and the witlesses will do little damage to them. Some children will look things up, and when they find out that the witlesses lie, further threats will have little effect on them. Still others will take the witlesses too seriously, and are going to be scared unless they themselves become witlesses and drag their parents in with them (which is what the Washtowel wants).

The other major reason has to do with the witlesses themselves. Some witlesses will respect the parents' wishes or will be less blatant in their death threats. These children might not get anything more than a different viewpoint on religion. Of course, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger puts down such parents as "cowards" and "weak in the truth". Other caregivers will seize the opportunity, and frighten the children about handling worldly things. That is when the children are more likely to be harmed--and that's what the Washtowel Slaveholdery wants to see.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

It depends on the JW. Children of our non-JW family used to stay over all the time. Their parents knew to bring dress-up clothes so that they could wear them to the meeting. My mom never tried to push the religion off on them. Never even tried to teach them God's name.

I was the same when non-JW child relatives would spend the weekend with me. I would skip service to take them to the zoo, etc and the folks in the cong would ask why didn't I just bring them in service with me. Anyway, it depends on the JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit