Mixed feelings about being shunned today.

by loosie 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

running off to another aisle and not speaking=SHUNNING!

• loosie
    loosie
    Is that a step above or below Big Lots?

Probably a step above...LOL

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh I don't know, Big Lots sells some nice looking furniture. Surprised me.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I like Big Lots, you can find some good buys there!!!

purps

• reniaa
    reniaa

How about just totally embarassed at her daughters actions? you put the worst spin on it despite her pointing you out to her daughter?

Reniaa

• loosie
    loosie
    you put the worst spin on it despite her pointing you out to her daughter?

I didn't put any spin on it. I described their actions. Remember I am not DA'd or DF'd. I don't talk negatively about JW's in town where as it would get back to them. they have no reason not to talk to me.

When I was growing up a JW my mother and I talked to inactive people when we would see them. The only one I wasn't allowed to talk to was the dance teacher who got DF'd. I was 10 at the time. This daughter is 26 and her mom is about 50.

They were friends with us. She didn't even have a problem talking to my husband ( who was df'd at the time) when she would watch my daughter. My daughter would go over to their house for sleepovers.

We didn't just go to the same hall. We were friends.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Is it me or did we donate or brains when we were baptized?

• loosie
    loosie

Wha.... I picked mine up from the book counter on my way out the door never to return.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well with the shunning thing apparently we also donated our hearts. Oh how many times do we have to read the account of the good Samaritan

• Scott77
    Scott77

Shunning to me, has worked much better to my advantage as I do not want to contact or associate with JWs in general even be identified as one of them. At once in the past, I recall an elder after assembly, did shun me by not speaking to me. Later after I left the congregation to another state, he emailed me to ask if I was still using my personal email. Well you know what? I too had to 'shun' him by not responding.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit