Has anyone got anything positive from the WT organisation?

by BloominMarvellous 46 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh yeah, it was really great that my parents told me and believed that the day of my birth was of no great importance.

Yeah good times, good times.

Josie

• VIII
    VIII

I have to agree that the public speaking skills taught by the borg were nothing to crow about. And, how many people in their day to day jobs, here, on this board, use their *public speaking* skills? In high school public speaking is taught. The WTS teaches public speaking at a basic high school level.

As for being taught how to read better? Honestly, if one was taught to read better, one would not be caught in the web of the borg. If anything, if taught you how NOT to read. It taught you how to highlight, how to read canned answers and how to not research.

College and higher education encourages one to dig deep into a subject and do research. Which is exactly wha the dubs don't want one to do. We all know why.

Positives?

I can't think of one. Not a one.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

If you can't think of anything you gained then you are still their b*tch.

Now the WTBS is my b*tch.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I learned how to clean windows.

W

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

I am with Blondie. My pedoophile parents did give me things from time to time but it was truly not worth it.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

yes, I learned something very positive when I was about 14 yrs old- that you should wear a belt with your slacks. LOL An elder told me that as I was going in service and had no jacket or belt. LOL Other than that I had nothing positive out of the org.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Well, they did manage to teach me the best way to waste all my decent blocks of time. They also wasted quite a bit of money, especially when they got a surplus of donations during a period of time, reached about $3,000, and then bled it all.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I still believe in some of the basic doctrines that set them apart from broader Christendom and I'm thankful to them for that.

• StAnn
    StAnn
    Has anyone got anything positive from the WT organisation?

No.

St. Ann

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Hey Bloomin, I think they will absolutely love the Christmas ornaments, and I think you should put them up on a tree on the Kingdom Hall Lot if at all possible. And then include a card, so they know it's from you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit