Has anyone got anything positive from the WT organisation?

by BloominMarvellous 46 Replies latest jw friends

• BloominMarvellous
    BloominMarvellous

Everyone seems to just hate the WT.

I am very upset with the way Ive been treated but I dont hate them.

They have given me huge self confidence after helping me out of depression, although I have a fab counsellor, so they cant get all the credit. They have made me independent as well, (I think my ex-study conductor regrets that!) I suddenly have a mind of my own and am not afraid to use it.

I owe them quite a lot they have really helped me through some bad times but they have created some bad times for me too. But all in all, I am a much better person for meeting and studying with them!

So I thought I might get them a present this year- Im going to buy them some Christmas decorations because they don't already have some. I just hope they appreciate them as much as I have appreciated knowing them.

• blondie
    blondie

I think of it this way, my pedophile father gave us gifts from time to time but I don't think it was worth going through the other things he did to us.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Great Public Speaking and Reading skills for FREE

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

At the time I thought I got lots. True friends that accept you. An orginization that has my best interests at heart. Ehr......not so much after all.

Its hard to think of anything that was permanent. It was just 'valueless things'.

I suppose I could have been in a family that condoned drug use, teen sex, and alchohol abuse, and for that I am thankful.

However there were brothers growing up in similar circumstances as I, and became drug addicts, one had an illigitimate child and my one mate turned out to be gay! Being a JW made no difference to them. They did not become the clean cut sales team as required by the Borg and was cut loose. And I was forced to shun them. I regret that I obeyed that rule.

Agent Smith

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Because of being part of the watchtower I understood the value of brooklyn height's realestate. I bought, ans subsequently sold, a co-op in a building previously owned by the watchtower. This was a very successful transaction.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I think not as anything intentionally done by the Borg, but certainly a side-effect of my involvement was:

Quitting dipping snuff.

I learned how to read the bible for myself.

I learned how to confront people without losing it.

Public speaking, presentation skills.

Socialization. For the most part I was not then or now a social person so the environment forced the situation. I had to "widen out".

Now that I've done that, I'm constricting from them and widening out to others.

For me, JW's were like a half-way house and I don't need them any more.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

I met my wife. Even though she was brought up as a witness, she had the common sense and good judgment to see them for what they truly are when presented with the evidence.

• boyzone
    boyzone

I agree stilla, good public speaking skills, how to construct and give a presentation, oh, and I know where the books of the bible are.

• Chalam
    Chalam

You dudes must have got nice and fit clocking up all the miles on field circus?! That is good right?

All the best,

Stephen

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

it's a myth that being a member of the WTS enhances one's public speaking ability, most of the worst public speakers I have ever heard have come form the WTS,sure some can be flamboyant but I have heard far better in the professional world and from other churches, the guy that presented the Alpha Course here in the UK and was televised was an excellent speaker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit