Have you forgiven your parents for bringing you up in the JW cult?

by Gayle 30 Replies latest social humour

• Purza
    Purza

I never even thought of blaming my parents. They did what they thought was right. The sad thing is, they don't want to let me do what I think is right now that I have been an adult for many, many years. They try to punish me by shunning me for having a mind of my own.

Purza

• White Dove
    White Dove

No, I have never forgiven them. Why, you may ask? Because they never asked for forgiveness nor have they changed their controlling and judgmental ways.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Guess I'm just not that nice of a person, but I don't grant forgiveness when it's not wanted nor asked for. Why should I? Mom was and still is a heavy handed sloth of a Nazi and Dad is simply lost in his own little life long pitty party.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Don't get me wrong. I did try for many years to make it work. It didn't. I can give up on it now.

• asilentone
    asilentone

yeah, the only ONE reason why I am grateful about my parents that became JWs is because they stopped smoking. They were very heavy smokers before I was born. They each smoked two packs a day. We can not go back to the past and change the events, all we can do is to move forward.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm shelving it and moving forward full steam ahead, but forgiveness must be earned. My opinion, anyway.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Yes, they were raised in too. My grandparents were converts and I forgive them too.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I don't know if there is anything to forgive. The way I see it is that my mum thought it was the truth and that she handing this to me so that I may have life and have the truth. Once I got to a certain age - I could do the research myself and ask questions that I wanted too - so it doesn't then fall to my mother but to myself.

I think we need to forgive ourselves.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I forgave them long ago. Now if only I could be forgiven for leaving the Cult...

• reniaa
    reniaa

Does a parent have a right to bring up their child in there own religious belief?

Which religion was Jesus brought up in?

Like loubelle says there is nothing to forgive. we as parents have that right and if the child chooses differently once they are adult they to have that right.

I defy any of you to say you do not bring up children in your current belief even if it is a non-belief.

Reniaa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit