New Songbook

by snowbird 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nbernat
    nbernat

I liked #29...it was exciting to hear everyone sing loudly.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

dobbie, I liked many of them too. I didn't throw out my cds for that reason. Of course this is ALL I was allowed to hear as a kid so there a lot of memories tied to them.

• besty
    besty

The Sheila-might Maiden (Oztrahlia Version) has been move to song number 69, for obvious reasons....

• Gram
    Gram

When I used to play for weddings, I always played the Shulamite Maiden when the bride was walking down the aisle. Loyal Love was another one for weddings. We Thank you Jehovah was for the recessional -- after the wedding and walking out.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I have not yet even seen the Noo Song Bookie Wookie.

Why am I sticking pins in my eyes?

HB

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Dark days are here. Earth stands in fear. With dire expectation, throughout the whole creation. Satan holds sway, o'er earth today, til Jehovah brings the end. But the bible holds out a hope for mankind....

When songs of children fill the air. And joy and peace are everywhere... I think Eyes on the Prize sounds like: Someday my prince will come....from Disney's Snow White. And away to his castle we'll ride....

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

The wedding song......Stay Awake! Stand Firm! Grow Mighty!....................or is that the one the brother saves for the honeymoon night ?

• StAnn
    StAnn

Have you ever sat down with the songbook and just read through the lyrics? It is such pathetic propaganda, makes me sick. I'd imagine the Hitler Youth songbooks were similar.

St. Ann

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Dark days are here. Earth stands in fear. With dire expectation, throughout the whole creation. Satan holds sway, o'er earth today, til Jehovah brings the end. But the bible holds out a hope for mankind....

Yeah, that's the one that starts like a small child's piano playing (like salcoton said), and suddenly switches to an ice cream truck jingle. A comedy song. Our family made up alternate lyrics (about an annoying person we knew) and we'd nearly pee ourselves giggling whenever we had to sing that song at the KH.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

That music is all control stuff and propaganda. I think about how I have pleasant memories attached to many of them, yet it's the memorized lyrics that go through my mind every so often. So I can end up humming and repeating something I not only don't believe in, but in many ways detest, such as FDS references.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit