New Songbook

by snowbird 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yes, it is about how they stand firm, saving themselves for their Royal Bridegroom.

Wonder what He thought of their fling with the UN?

LOL.

Sylvia

• Priest73
    Priest73
    saving themselves for their Royal Bridegroom.

Damn. I read that as "shaving" at first. Changes the meaning drastically.

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

I hope they nix "We must act together as one / independence wisely we shun".

And my wife always hated it when I told her, "Hey, honey, tonight I'd like to stay awake, stand firm, grow mighty, carry on as a man undaunted"; she'd claim that Kingdom Melodies as sexual euphemisms were NOT romantic.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The "Lord's Evening Meal" one was OK. The ones they really need to drop are:

"Nazarites, Can We Be Like Them?";

the one that starts off with "Dark days are here ... " (the one that turns into an ice cream jingle);

and "A Prayer of Thanksgiving" (melodically, one to slit your wrists by - Radiohead should record a cover version).

• sacolton
    sacolton

There's one I can't think of the name, but it goes up in scale like a child playing the piano keys and then it goes back down. It is the MOST stupidest song I have ever heard in all my years as a JW. I think a 4 year old wrote the tune.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

From House to House

From Door to door. Jeeeeehooooovah's word we spread....

Ugh

• dobbie
    dobbie

Snowbird that was my favorite song, then the wedding one lol. I remember i really wanted the wedding one about the threefold cord etc and the elder who was taking our wedding imposing the songs HE wanted to be sung at it! Can't even remember which one that was now i blotted it out along with the part where he mentioned hubby coming home from work and i would be waiting with his slippers lol (yeh right!). I admit tho some of the songs were pants i really loved some of the tunes, the hardest things to chuck out when i left the witnits was my orchestra cds of the melodies. Didn't anyone else like them or am i alone on this and should have kept quiet!x

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Please tell me they kept the one that talks about bees being molested.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I think they should just throw out the music entirely.

I find myself singing the occasional Kingdumb song without intention. Then I have to go hurl. Let's save the next generation of apostates from that fate. No songs please.

Jeff

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Kingdom Songs are the worst!..I`d rather listen to a cat in the blender...........................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit