New Songbook

by snowbird 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Anyone remember the assembly part years ago that talked about why it was improper to jazz up the kingdom melodies? Maybe it was a needs of the circuit talk...I don't remember. But at gatherings it was common for folks to do a pop, jazz or funky version of the songs. Next thing we know, there's was a part on the assembly about disgracing the kingdom melodies.

• dobbie
    dobbie

glad i'm not alone truthsetsonefree! I used to like the last one as well and the one they always played in assembies. I just thought they were so different from the hymns we'd have at school/church. Some of them i found hilarious cos no one could sing them, but some were lovely, the music that is not the lyrics!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Dark days are here. Earth stands in fear. With dire expectation, throughout the whole creation. Satan holds sway, o'er earth today, til Jehovah brings the end. But the bible holds out a hope for mankind....

That's the song that would always make me and my friends chuckle: "Raise yourselves erect, you have nothing to fear."

Try singing that with a straight face when you're a horny teenager.

• callitquits76
    callitquits76

I remember talking about the song that went "we live in the time of the harvest" and couldn't help to think of a DJ scratching his decks at that point to put another track on. "we DONT live in the time of the harvest anymore!" (Generation game)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit