When is it time to say goodbye?

by PEC 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Monday we took are other cat snicker to get his shots. Now we have a sick cat with a 105 temperature.

We have been up with him 2:00 am and took him to the Animal ER.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Awww Barbie, I do hope Snicker will be ok. Sounds like he's been given too much/too potent.

I am rapidly becoming anti-vaccination unless they are absolutely necessary.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

We said good by to Carmel today, that hurt.

• Dagney
    Dagney

((((Barbie & PEC))))

• PEC
    PEC

Snickers is doing better, we had no idea that he could get as sick as he did with the vaccinations. We picked a really crappy time to get him vaccinated. At least Carmel is no longer suffering, it was a tough decision to make. Barbara was strong; before, I guess I have to be strong now.

Philip

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I'm sorry Barbara & Phillip!

• dinah
    dinah

Oh, I'm so sorry. She was a beautiful girl. PEC, have you not learned that women are not really the weaker sex? *kidding*

RIP, Caramel.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

hugs to Barbie Doll and PEC...

RIP Carmel

It's hard to let a pet go. One of the few times I seen my father cry was when we had to put our dog Benji to sleep. M mom and dad and I took our faithful companion to the vet and we laid him on the table, gave him last hugs and kisses.... my dad was holding him when he looked up, almost as if in relief, sighed, took a last breath, closed his eyes, ....and that was it. Dog was probably 19 years old. Should have done it a year earlier..cancer was eating him up...in the end we knew it was time when not only was he nearly blind and deaf, but couldn't smell his food anymore.... My little brother had never known life without the dog....

I still have a pic of my last cat Zac on my desktop ...kitty was 14 when he got sick. He had almost died a couple of years earlier but surgery saved him. The second time it was likely diabetes.... he died at home in my arms on the comforter he loved to sleep on. Broke my heart. I hope one day you can find room in your heart for a new kitty....and of course Snickers is still here too....it takes awhile to heal the hurt...trust me...... Took almost 3 years to open my heart to want a new kittie... I got my current cat Max from the shelter...she has kept me sane.

Snakes ()

• Gram
    Gram

I am so so sorry for your loss. We had to put Mr. Meow to sleep last summer. He looked so peaceful and out of pain afterwards that we knew we had made the right decision. He was 17 yrs. old and had outlived my grandson and major moves from So. Cal to No. Cal and back to So. Cal. He was a kitten found in a dumpster that my daughter rescued and he became one of the greatest cats ever. We had him cremated and his cremains are on a shelf with the fine china and my grandsons' cremated leg.

Life does go on and we now have 2 stray rescued cats. In time, you may wish to rescue a stray or abandoned kitty.

In tears and empathy on your loss.

Gram

• Robdar
    Robdar

Edited because I just read where you put her to sleep.

My thoughts are with you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit