I want to thank you

by Lady Lee 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    We all need that especially after years of being devalued as individuals in the WTS.

So true!

Thanks Lady Lee for all your expert insight and sharing of personal experiences.

• dinah
    dinah

Dear Lady, your posts helped me so much. I never suffered physical abuse as a child, but did get trapped in an abusive marriage. Your posts helped me deal with that and move on. Of course, in my opinion, all of us who were raised as Witnesses suffered emotional abuse.

You are appreciated, and I'm so glad I "met" you.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Lady Lee,

OF course you are very much valued on JWN. Your best of is of prime importance to those who arrive on this board, as the latter is, let's say, less heavy on fundamentals. Your best of helps newbies to be aware of such important past contributions as AlanF's, Leolaia's and so many others'. I also appreciated your recent advice about how to respond to a DFing threat, in case one doesn't want to be DFed (in fact, I wonder whether in my case DAing wouln't be the most satisfying morally and intellectually honest clear cut exit, I am on this point very much in agreement with the spirit of Narkissos' recent post).

Thanks again for being on here, but if life is calling you to other horizons, don't miss them.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Your posts are exactly what this board needs. We need analytical discussion and reminder of the psychology behind this nonsense the WT teaches. It helps us to talk back rationally to it as well. Keep on posting.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Dear Lady, your posts helped me so much,

did get trapped in an abusive marriage.

Your posts helped me deal with that and move on.

You see you are needed, to help others.

So we can help each other.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Truly, I want to thank you. There is such a need for this site..Some, like you, are so informational. So many like you, have understanding with encouragement for ones to feel supported and to be able to move on in a positive attitude for their life. This is a group where people are, that have survived the destructive spirit and negative life-style of JWs and are here for the ones coming out, it seems more and more. Hopefully with this source here with you and others, that people can come through it all faster and better.

• PEC
    PEC

Lady Lee, This place wouldn't be the same without you.

Philip

• Scott77
    Scott77

Lady Lee,

Iam new here but recently found some of the research sites you posted very insightful. The lack of meaningful comments does not mean one has not benefited from them. It may be that they do not have a personal connetion and experience from that account enough to provide meaninful feedbacks. Personally, I do not see it as an issue to recycle your threads albeit in another format. In fact, repetition has been proved to be an effective memory rentention tool. That is why mainstream newsmedia, cable and radio often repeat the same story over and over again. Some viewers miss the news and therefore, are able to recap. Same here, some are new while others have short memory span. A thread repeated especially in light of new and relevant events add flesh perspective and insights into our minds and may stir newer ones to do much research.

Also, another thing to remember is that, many of us have vastly varied experiences with the watchtower and the way it screwed our lives. For some, it was a matter of life and death even now, they are still afflicted with emotional scars that do not heal over time. Well, the quality and practical value of threads like yours is that fact they are coming from a true personal experiences, a first person account which is very powerful to those who are looking to it for inspiration especially if their life experiences mirror that of yours. Lady Lee, Iam very sorry for the suffering you went through and the fact that you were kind enough to share it with us here demostrates your true compassion and a willing heart to help out those in the same situation. The evidence is the numerous postings on this thread from viewers attesting to the help it has offered them. Please, keep up, we are here for each other.

Thank you

Scott77

• restrangled
    restrangled

LL....your posts are always appreciated....repeated or not! Please keep posting!

r.

• loosie
    loosie

Of course you are needed. I want to be like you and mouthy when I grow up. ((hugs))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit