Teaching lies.

by Anti-Christ 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Anti-Christ:

Hope all is well. I like your post; I think that they can’t tell a lot of things from the start because they won’t get a lot of converts if they do.

People would think that it’s a cult.

I found a few more, not really sure.

Please if someone likes to refute or dispute any of them, please read this page first. Propaganda techniques and try to respond without the use of poor reasoning in support of its conclusion.

In other words don’t use fallacious argument to provide good reasons to believe its conclusion. An argument can be fallacious whether or not its conclusion is true:

1. If you become a JW and then leave them you will be literally shunned. You family that remain in the organization will not be permitted to even talk to you!
    2. The Watchtower Society is the only source of truth on earth today and you will be destroyed if you refuse their organization.
    3. The Watchtower Society and its followers are all prophets of God today and the Governing Body is directed by angels from God.
    4. The Watchtower and Awake magazines originate with and are treated as equal to the Bible.
    5. Jesus is a created being also called Michael the archangel, and was the first and only direct creation of God.
    6. Jesus was not the Christ (Messiah) until age 30, even though their own bible says in Luke 2:11, "because there was born to you today a savior, who is Christ the Lord."
    7. (Christ's "return" was only His "turning his attention" invisibly toward earth in 1914, and there was an invisible "rapture" of the dead members of the 144,000 in 1918.)
    8. No one goes to heaven but 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses.
    9. They teach Christ is the mediator for only the 144,000, not the average Jw.
    10. Teach only the 144,000 must be "born again", not the average Jw.
    11. Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob etc. were to be back on earth as perfect humans in 1925. The Society built a palatial home called "Beth Sarim" for them BUT when the patriarchs failed to show up, the President of the Society moved in.
    12. Their light gets "brighter and brighter", allowing for many changes and "about faces" on their doctrines. Yesterday's error is today's "truth". Often the "light" bounces back and forth from old to new views and back again!
    13. To salute the flag is an act of idolatry.
    14. Only persons who use the true name of God, Jehovah, will have their prayers heard by God.

Take care,

Ismael

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"If they were really honest at the door they would say something like this: Hello, we are jehovah's witnesses (note they would identify themselves which they rarely do even after asking them 3 times!!!!!) we would like you to join our organization, we believe we have the only truth about the bible and God on the face of the planet. In fact our governing body has a direct channel to God. (no, it's not quite the same as Shirley McLains type of channeling, at least I don't thinks so, the watchtower never told us how that works exactly) If you join you must be willing to have dictated to you how to dress, personal hygiene, your entertainment choices, your intimate sexual life with your spouse, sucide upon our request, employment & career choices, education, who you can associate with, be ready throw your children & parents away at our direction, and you must believe everything the gb hands down. We will control 99% of your time. Should you have questions after you are baptized and can prove the gb wrong with the bible you must keep your mouth shut. Know that we practice extreme shunning and expect you to shun people who you are not even sure are guilty. So how about it? would you like a bible study that doesn't actually use the bible but instead uses literature produced by mere men who will not tell you their names or education? If you ask us a question that is too tough we simply drop you like a hot potato, sounds easy enough, what do you say? should I pretend to make a time and not show up?"

Carla, years ago somone had posted something quite similar to the above and I thought it was funny as hell and oh so true. I had saved it to my computer but it crashed and I losted it. Thanks for posting that.

Josie

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Thanks madgiant

1. Jesus is a created being also called Michael the archangel, and was the first and only direct creation of God.
    2. No one goes to heaven but 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses.

I remember having discussion about this with people in FS but I agree that I never mention that it was 144 000 JEHOVAH'S WITNESS, just 144 000 people.

1. To salute the flag is an act of idolatry. This is not a problem in Canada ( we don't salute the flag in school) so I never really talked about it.

I have noting to say about the rest

• carla
    carla

Hey Mrs. Jones, thanks. I think it was probably mine you are thinking of. I posted something like that a few years ago when I figured out how the whole mess really works and was so annoyed my jw was going out in fs. I mean really, MY husband going out knocking on doors?!!! it was incredible to think of at the time. Still is, but more used to it now I guess.

• poppers
    poppers

I had a response to reniaa but lost it due to a connection glitch, but Carla's post covered some of what I wanted to say. If people knew beforehand those points Carla mentioned then an informed and balanced decision could be made whether or not to study and become a witness. Not being knowlegeable of all points doesn't make for an honest appraisal, and like others have mentioned, by the time things are brought out you've already been indoctrinated ("softened up", as someone else mentioned). By then it's too late because you are under the influence of their indoctrination, which is designed to rob you of independent thinking.

And if you decide post-baptism that you no longer want to be one simply stopping (reniaa says it's "that simple"), isn't a viable option. You can't fault the individual for not knowing beforehand what has been hidden from view until they are "mature enough" to handle it. That kind of "maturity" is cult-speak for indocrination, and is patently deceptive. They know it's deceptive because anyone in their right mind wouldn't become a JW if all the facts were known upfront.

• loosie
    loosie

Reniaa, I usually ignore your posts because you seem still too "IN" to be reasoned with. But this time I have to speak up.

he could have had a goatee many brothers do now, if it is neat and tidy, why did you lie to him? he would have seen you were a liar and so that would have stumbled him as it clearly did.

You said the above. This is simply not true. This man didn't have a neat and tidy goatee he had a big one as was stated. He probably liked his goatee and didn't want to make it so called neat and tidy. Which he shouldn't have too. god can read hearts he doesn't look at the goatee and stop reading his heart....or does jehovah do that?

you know darn well that the man would have been asked to grow hair on his head and shave the big goatee.

You are lying to yourself Reniaa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit