Hope all is well. I like your post; I think that they can’t tell a lot of things from the start because they won’t get a lot of converts if they do.
People would think that it’s a cult.
I found a few more, not really sure.
Please if someone likes to refute or dispute any of them, please read this page first. Propaganda techniques and try to respond without the use of poor reasoning in support of its conclusion.
In other words don’t use fallacious argument to provide good reasons to believe its conclusion. An argument can be fallacious whether or not its conclusion is true:
- If you become a JW and then leave them you will be literally shunned. You family that remain in the organization will not be permitted to even talk to you!
- The Watchtower Society is the only source of truth on earth today and you will be destroyed if you refuse their organization.
- The Watchtower Society and its followers are all prophets of God today and the Governing Body is directed by angels from God.
- The Watchtower and Awake magazines originate with and are treated as equal to the Bible.
- Jesus is a created being also called Michael the archangel, and was the first and only direct creation of God.
- Jesus was not the Christ (Messiah) until age 30, even though their own bible says in Luke 2:11, "because there was born to you today a savior, who is Christ the Lord."
- (Christ's "return" was only His "turning his attention" invisibly toward earth in 1914, and there was an invisible "rapture" of the dead members of the 144,000 in 1918.)
- No one goes to heaven but 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses.
- They teach Christ is the mediator for only the 144,000, not the average Jw.
- Teach only the 144,000 must be "born again", not the average Jw.
- Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob etc. were to be back on earth as perfect humans in 1925. The Society built a palatial home called "Beth Sarim" for them BUT when the patriarchs failed to show up, the President of the Society moved in.
- Their light gets "brighter and brighter", allowing for many changes and "about faces" on their doctrines. Yesterday's error is today's "truth". Often the "light" bounces back and forth from old to new views and back again!
- To salute the flag is an act of idolatry.
- Only persons who use the true name of God, Jehovah, will have their prayers heard by God.