Christians risk rejection and discrimination for their faith in Britain.

by BurnTheShips 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The last place I worked was for the largest healthcare system in Arkansas. I was a courier that went to many of their clinics throughout Central AR daily. They believe and promote prayer, it's not uncommon to see some employees OPENLY praying, praying with patients and/or family. You do not have to be Christian to work for Baptist Health but you would certainly have to respect praying and/or preaching to some extent in the workplace. I frequently ran into people in the corriders handing out religious information, although employed by Baptist Health, the hospitol did not pay them to pass out or this literature. It was acceptable. I remember telling a doctor early in my JW exit that I thought I was athiest as I felt pretty much he was from our conversations. He said.."I would not voice that around here." The more "christian" you were the more advancement you would get, IMO.

About Baptist Health

For over 80 years, BAPTIST HEALTH has been delivering quality healthcare to the citizens of Arkansas. BAPTIST HEALTH is the state's most comprehensive healthcare system. With more than 120 facilities - including five Arkansas hospitals, family clinics, therapy and wellness centers - BAPTIST HEALTH is committed to delivering all our best in healthcare to the people of Arkansas.

At BAPTIST HEALTH, we believe healthcare is more than just a business. It is part of our Christian ministry based on the revelation of God through creation, the Bible and Jesus Christ. Care of the whole person - body, mind and spirit is an expression of Christian faith. We are instruments of God's restorative power and are responsible for giving compassionate care.

edited to add: It is also acceptable to pray ...supervisor to employees, This system is quite proud that they are allowed to do this.

• Brocephus
    Brocephus
    Even though that display is in front of innocent human life. Perfect.
    As I've said numerous times now, I myself do not believe I could have an abortion. Fortunately I have never been in a position to wonder. I just don't believe that I have the right to make that decision for another. I'm also faaaaaaaaaaaar and away more concerned with the health and safety of those alive and living. Not to mention the prevention of pregnancy in the first place.

Much better Beks, this is an opinion followed by statements supporting that position. Much better than name calling.

While I agree I don't have the responsiblity of making that decision for someone, I do have another responsibility. I can't support elective

abortion by doing nothing. So I feel responsible for supporting my side of the debate. If I keep silent than the only ones that will say anything

will be the crazy nuts that shoot doctors. That would fall into the oppositions favor allowing them to paint us Pro-lifers as crazy mad men.

To bring it back on topic, there are many times at work when my faith guides my actions or decisions. Sometimes I am even questioned on

those decisions. Should I cower and hide the fact that my faith leads me to make an unpopular decision with my boss? Absolutely not, that is

my right if I choose to disclose. Ofcourse it's his right to fire my butt too. Ahhhh... the circle of rights it never ends does it?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Show me an anti abortionist who is outraged at the killing of the doctor, and who is appalled at the idea of innocent young children, or innocent people in general being exposed to the tactics (those pics) used by Randall Terry and friends, and I'll show you a sincere person.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    All you really do is say that your side is cool and the opposition are jerks. You never provide, facts, logic or reasoning to back up your position.

LOL, come now, you've already admitted to being smug and self satisfied, but reeeeeeally.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Burn: "If one has the right to choose to kill an innocent human life, then another has the right to choose to display the results of that choice."

When it comes to having the right to display gross pictures on the side of a bus, that young children will see as mommy drives around town, I can only say that is very self-righteous and cold attitude and lack of sensivity for others, Burn.

Since you state you are all for that, then you might as well still be a JW because you have that cold self-righteousness in your heart that so often characterizes the dogmatic religionists.

You have no concern for the feelings of others nor as to how this gross display might affect young minds. The only thing that matters is your self-righteous judgement of others.

Anyone thinking of bringing a child into a world that would subject it to viewing such disturbing atrocities on a daily basis .. .. would probably opt for abortion just to spare a child the horror of seeing this garbage all around them. So as far as these billboard pics being effective to stop abortion....I think it is intended as a psychological backfire.

People with attitudes like yours are what make this place a hell on earth for others. You have no feeling or concern for young minds. This display of horror does not have any positive results. It will not stop abortion and it will warp the minds of children. It is not something that will help them grow in love or appreciate the world around them.

Burn, you are sick. You are cold and self righteous. You are a judgmental jackass.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Show me an anti abortionist who is outraged at the killing of the doctor,

Father Euteneuer of Human Life International.

Spirit & Life ®
    "The words I spoke to you are spirit and life." (Jn 6:63)
    Human Life International e-Newsletter
    Volume 04, Number 21 | Friday, June 5, 2009

Tiller's Murder Was Not Justified George Tiller, the mass murderer of Wichita, Kansas is dead. "Those who live by the sword, die by the sword," said the Lord. I will pray for his eternal salvation as I do for all abortionists, and I will also pray for his murderer who proved that he was no better than Tiller in that final act. The killing of Tiller has generated an immense amount of publicity, rancor and confusion, even among pro-lifers, so I would like to reflect on a few issues surrounding Tiller's death that are on people's minds.

1. Can killing a mass murderer be considered "justifiable homicide"? The short answer to this is "no," but it is not always apparent why. The Church teaches that people and nations certainly have the right to defend themselves, even if necessary with the use of lethal force. Scripture and tradition also teach us that we have the duty to defend the innocent and rescue them, but there are several provisions that put this admonition into a moral context.
      • The lethal use of force to protect or rescue someone is to be employed in the midst of a life-threatening aggression already in progress; it is not to be used as retaliation, and it is usually not pre-emptive.
      • The use of force has to be proportionate to the aggression (that is, one can't use a gun to kill someone who only insulted him).
      • There also has to be a high likelihood of success in actually stopping the aggressions.
      • And finally, one has to have tried using every other means possible to stop the aggressor up to the point of using lethal force.
      In light of all this, the killing of even mass abortionist Tiller while he was in church is not justifiable. He was not in the midst of an aggressive act at that moment, and his killer could not know for certain whether or not he was intending to go back to his dirty business the following day. In addition to that, all other legal and moral efforts were actually being made to stop him from doing his work, and it was a fairly well-known fact that Tiller was coming close to having his license revoked by the State of Kansas. In other words, a legal means of stopping the killing was already being played out and may have worked had the murder not taken place. Who knows what will happen now.
    2. Then could an abortionist be killed in his abortion clinic while in the act of committing abortions? While some might justify such an act based on the above criteria, it would be almost impossible to carry out with the security of the modern abortion system, and the likelihood of its overall success would be extremely low. For example, even if a person killed an abortionist in the act and perhaps saved the baby he was attempting to abort at that moment, the abortion clinic would continue to do business using other abortionists and just re-schedule the other abortions. It is likely that the very same baby that he thought he saved would have just been aborted in a later appointment.

Would that killing save a small percentage of babies whose mothers would not come back to the abortion mill? Probably, but sidewalk counseling does that already and the sidewalk counselors would not be in jail like the murderer would, so they could continue to save babies on a routine basis whereas the murderer's one single act of saving babies cannot be repeated.
    3. What effect does the killing of abortionists have on the pro-life effort and is this to be taken into account in the criteria to determine the "likelihood of success"? Presumably a person kills an abortionist because he wants the killing of babies to stop. He tries to cut off the supply of aggression at its source by making one less abortionist in the world; but again, the overall goal of stopping the killing of babies has not been accomplished because there are still abortionists in the world and an abortion industry that an isolated murder has not been able to stop. In fact, the case can be made that such an act makes the pro-life effort much more difficult for those on the front lines as it generates reprisals in the form of bubble zones, lawsuits and the souring of public sentiment against our cause.

The killing of abortionists can only be seen as a desperate act, one which is ineffective at stopping the killing of babies. We must never miss the real tragedy, however, which is the fact of the 60,000 dead babies killed by the mass murderer of Wichita. May God have mercy on George Tiller's soul.
    Sincerely
    Rev. Thomas J. Euteneuer,

"I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. Choose life, then." (Deut. 30:19)

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks

"The killing of abortionists can only be seen as a desperate act, one which is ineffective at stopping the killing of babies. We must never miss the real tragedy, however, which is the fact of the 60,000 dead babies killed by the mass murderer of Wichita. May God have mercy on George Tiller's soul."

Perfect example

• Priest73
    Priest73

I gotta go with beks on that one BTS. However, I do wonder how she manages to stand on Sooooooo many soapboxes all at once.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm agile

• Priest73
    Priest73
    I'm agile

Helloooooo Hellooo Helloo Hello ello llo lo..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit