Christians risk rejection and discrimination for their faith in Britain.

by BurnTheShips 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The first poll of Britain's churchgoers, carried out for The Sunday Telegraph, found that thousands of them believe they are being turned down for promotion because of their faith.
    One in five said that they had faced opposition at work because of their beliefs.
    More than half of them revealed that they had suffered some form of persecution for being a Christian.
    The findings suggest a growing hostility towards religion in this country, which has been highlighted by a series of clashes between churchgoers and their employers.

And so on. More at the link.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/5413311/Christians-risk-rejection-and-discrimination-for-their-faith-a-study-claims.html

Silver lining: There are still Christians in GB!

Possible coping strategy: Convert to Islam so you can be treated tolerantly by the rest of the British public while retaining a form of theism.

BTS

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

When the liberals finnally figure out the Muslim nations are not our friends who do you supposed they'll call on to clean up the mess?

I think we all know it's going to be a guy that can tell you what Jesus means to him while hiting a pie plate at 150 yards with no scope. God Help us, all.

Before I get called names, I know many fine individuals that are muslim or from the mideast. They came here and left there for a good reason. However the unchecked immigration is letting in the bad apples and agents of foreign governments in with honest folks. All 19 hijackers on 9-11 entered the U.S. legally.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    The first poll of Britain's churchgoers, carried out for The Sunday Telegraph, found that thousands of them believe they are being turned down for promotion because of their faith.
    One in five said that they had faced opposition at work because of their beliefs.
    More than half of them revealed that they had suffered some form of persecution for being a Christian.

How the heck would anyone know what faith they were at work?

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

Well beks sometimes people make friends at work. Strange I know.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Nah, doesn't wash (as I break my vow not to discuss anything with you). Unless they are making a point of it (prosthletizing), it shouldn't be an issue.

• John Doe
    John Doe

There is a correlation between increased education and lack of religious association. Could this partially account for the feelings of inadequacy of the Christian British?

• beksbks
    beksbks

How about that desire to be perscuted?

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

presecution complex

• PEC
    PEC

Exactly,

Philip

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Yes, those poor persecuted Christians; they really do have it rough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit