How I figured JWs were NOT the truth...

by cognac 39 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Reniaa..As long as your off Topic...........Explain why you support WBT$ Rules,that Protect Pedophiles?.......And..Do you feel you need the Protection the WBT$ provides for pedophiles?...........................OUTLAW

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I reached a point that I needed to prove to myself one way or another if it was the "truth". There were a number of things I knew were wrong, but I had a hard time connecting the dots. I started to research through the wt's own literature. I had a library going back to the turn of the century. It took me almost 2 years, and I tried to rationalize and make excuses for the wt. Honesty finally won out though. By the time I finished, I knew that there was no way that it was the "truth".

Coffee

• excito-are
    excito-are

Reniaa, thats a hell of a road you have went down. Just what info outside JW world do you read to justify their teachings? Am sure your really having a laugh and write these comments for a reaction.

Excito

• choosing life
    choosing life

I think there were always things that I never accepted, but I was convinced this was the best way to raise my kids. Crazy, huh?

It was when my oldest child was dfd that I couldn't buy into things anymore. The elders waited until we were out of town and my son had turned 18 to have a JC with him in our absence. We were informed of the decision when we returned. I was livid.

I couldn't do the shunning thing. I just didn't have it in me. The situation made all those things I didn't really go along with surface in my mind. Then they came out with the fractions doctrine on blood. I couldn't accept it because I worked in the healthcare field and I knew it was nonsense.

The other major change was the 1914 generation change. I had taught too many people that the 1914 generation was the last one before the end.

These changes and the mistreatment of my son gave me permission to get down to the nitty gritty of this religion. I started researching on the internet and had so many aha moments when I found out the real reasons for the decisions the GB made.

I read COc and the jws continued to be inflexible and unloving, especially the elders. I still have feelings for many ones that I knew, but those relationships were lost after fading.

• cattails
    cattails

Reniaa you sound more like a Berean Bible Student than a JW.

They are honest to goodness Bible Students as in the ones

before Judge Rutherford changed the name.

But let me make this correction on your post...

It's Arians not Aryans btw (Aryan is the non-politically correct term

white supremacists use but Arian is based on belief of Arius teachings

on the divinity of Jesus and his relation to the Father).

So check it out: http://www.bereanbiblestudentschurch.org/beliefs.htm

Let me know what you think of it. PM me or something or respond

here if you're going to stick around.

For me the exit is still ongoing... I can't separate myself from my

family, yet anyway... It is very emotionally depressing just to think

I would be shunned and not associated with by those I love. But I

don't blame them... I blame the WT and their controlling ideas. I am

a Christian and I believe in Jesus as the Messiah, but by his grace

I'm closer to him and his Father than I ever was as a mentally

controlled JW. I can truly love God as one of his children bought

by the precious blood of His Son. That's where I am spiritually as

of now and right at this moment I wouldn't consider walking away

from my family even if they would not approve of my personal views.

At least I'm mentally free. That is good for now, although I have a

strong feeling that I cannot remain this way and be a sane and

well-functioning human being. I long to be free physically as

well as mentally and spiritually from the clutch of the WT.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Just like leftbelow, every time I prepared a public talk the deeper I researched certain points the less they made sense. I was preparing a talk on prophecy and it dawned on me, If this was the only true religion, couldn't they get something right. Anything!

Then I decided to ride it out, not making waves. But when the third meaning of the "generation" came out in 14 years, that was it.I was done with the lies, I would follow the command I shared with so many people, to "Get out of Babylon the Great".

So that's the way I rolled.....

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I enjoyed your story,

I figured it out when January 1 1976 came.

I never choose the religion it was forced on me by my mother.

And 76 presented a loophole through which i slipped.

In the 80's I found a book 30 years a watchtower slave and read it.

I subscribed to a newsletter," comments from the friends."

Then I read the bible cover to cover 5 times, and not the NWT 4 different translations.

Ignorance is bliss. Reading the bible was like taking the red pill in the matrix.

Since 83 I have been searching for the meaning of life, explanations of our origins and existence.

My search leaves me an agnostic.

Every road I have gone down looking for answers has been less than satisfying.

I think we are not meant to know the answers to lifes big questions. Either we are not capable or

we are locked out.

• wavvy
    wavvy

Reading non-Witness Christian literature did quite a bit for me, because I realised that everyone else's interpretation of the Bible seemed just as valid!

Also, travelling in Asia and investigating the incredible wisdom behind so many Asian philosophies. How can the JWs possibly believe they have a monopoly on the truth! And they go to such lengths to make people believe that practicing things like meditation (in an Eastern sense) and yoga are opening the doors to demons, when in truth they are not only intensely spiritual practices, but peaceful ones which are now proven to have medical and psychological benefits as well.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi cattails yes your right i did get the wrong arian, i've been reading about the jewish holocaust recently how in lithuanian jewish children where thrown into pits and the parents were shot one bullet for each person and for 3 days it was described as a 'breathing grave' from all the injured people that hadn't competely died yet. but thx for the correction while I don't mind to be associated with a similarity of belief to arius the other one sickens me but it was in my mind so ouch typo.

Your right I am a bible student but that has led me to witnesses being the religion that holds the most truth. Alway for me the 2 biggest issues people have against witnesses are Blood and df-ing shunning. But as a bible student the scriptures are there we cannot avoid these scriptures.

1 Corinthians 5:9-13 (New International Version)

9 I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you." [ a ]

IS paul making a distinction that brothers that fall into wrong paths should be avoided even more than those in the world that practise them?

I think this scripture is clearly making it a worse fault? can you argue with the words of this scripture? It says not even to eat with them! eating was about survival about family it was how people gathered togther Jesus fed 5000, it's not saying you can associate but don't eat with them! it's saying don't associate to the point of EVEN eating with them.

If the Jws have taken df-ing or shunning to far then you still have to address this scripture? wrongly or rightly Paul made a point here about association with those who have turned from the faith showing they were very strict too on this.

As for blood I won't quote the scriptures you all know them and know they exist. I do not envy gb having to decide as leaders on blood if only it could be as clearcut as it was before blood transfusions. IF blood belongs to God and we shouldn't even eat it, will he turn a blind eye to blood transfusions? is saving lifes enough of a reason to ignore the blood scriptures?

How important is the prohibition in the bible on blood? Christendom actully in one sense isn't a hypocrite they accept blood transfusions but also accept eating blood as well because wouldn't it be foolish to make an issue of avoiding black pudding on pain of death as first century christians did when Romans used it in cruel tortures of their beliefs giving them the choice of blood sausage eating or death and yet still allow blood transfusions?

Are we still under the law on blood?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Renaai the problem is Witness DO accept blood products! In 1960 they did "abstain from blood" today they accept Hemophiliac clotting treatment...one treatment session requires 100 units of blood donated by kind "worldly" people to save a Witness!.....abstain from blood? Bullcrap they do...hypocites and Pharasee's!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit