Author of the book "J.W.s and the hour of darkness" Darek Barefoot speaks up on the conference call concerning subliminal images in the Watchtower lit.

by koolaid-man 53 Replies latest jw friends

• middleman
    middleman

daniel p wrote:

"This also goes to show that Kool-aid man is ONLY looking for sensational stories. Last time it was "ritual satanic abuse," now it's "subliminal messages" in artwork used decades ago. What about blood? What about mind control? What about child abuse? What about disfellowshipping?

As an avid listener to Rick's calls, I've heard all kinds of great information and have met some great people on there. In fact, he has spoken of many important issues, ones in which you mention. How many times have YOU actually listened in on a call? I admit I'm halfers on the subliminal images issue, though some are compelling, but nevertheless if you don't agree then that's YOUR deal. The fact remains that even though some of Rick's conference call topics have been considered controversial, there have been many others that are dead on and informative. The reality is that he's doing a great service and allowing people (including active JW's) to voice their concerns/opinions. He's very fair on the calls and gives everyone a chance to voice their opinion. If you don't like what he's doing, then move on and do your own thing. BTW, what are YOU doing for the JW community? Maybe we can tear down your "outreach" to them? Nah jk

Blessings...

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

There are definitely some bizarre images and pictures in some Watchtower publications. There are also lots of bogus ones people claim are subliminal but they are very probably not.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I agree with yadda yadda. Most of the so-called "subliminal" images I have seen are really lame and nothing different from seeing the Virgin Mary in a piece of toast. Nearly all of them I've seen. A few however may contain hidden features at the volition of the artist. This happens quite a bit in art. In my living room, there is a painting of chocolates that contains subliminal imagery suggesting the word "SEX". How do I know? Because the artist pointed it out to us. But it is not obvious without knowing what to look for. It is pretty easy to imagine artists at Bethel trying to slip one past the GB. It could be done out of boredom, humor, or as a protest against the organization, but any of these are at the volition of the artist. Not likely that it would be at the direction of the GB or whomever.

BTW, the picture with the so-called "Zeus" received complaints from readers at the time. There is a letter from Bethel addressing the matter....does anyone have a copy of it that could be posted?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah but in the Live forever book why does the lady have a framed picture of a Ram? Otherwise, yes it's very face on Mars stuff!

• compound complex
    compound complex

A Bill for Establishing Religious Freedom

Thomas Jefferson

[...] that truth is great and will prevail if left to herself; that she is the proper and sufficient antagonist to error, and has nothing to fear from the conflict unless by human interposition disarmed of her natural weapons, free argument and debate; errors ceasing to be dangerous when it is permitted freely to contradict them.

For whatever it's worth ...

We don't fail to hear both sides here, do we?

CC

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

The website www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com was created in an honest and sincere attempt to expose everything the Watchtower organization is hiding behind. "A hundred years and a thousand men" have indeed proved that the Watchtower Organization has many things they are hiding behind. Where do you start in exposing the Watchtower org.? We broke down many of their lies,tricks, motives, and games that they have been controlling people with for over a hundred years into six categories or screens. In examining the falsehoods and dark side of the Watchtower org. occultism cannot be dismissed. It cannot be eliminated simply because some do not believe in occultism and the world of the dark. Some people feel that there are subliminal,occultic,demonic pictures embeded in Watchtower literature and are deliberately put there to pass below the normal limits of the human minds perception. These messages are unrecognizable by the conscious mind,but in certain situations can affect the subconscious mind and can negatively or positively influence subsequent later thoughts, behaviors, actions,attitudes,belief systems, and value systems.T"he question has always been asked WHY would the Watchtower org. have these images inserted? The answer will be revealed on the conference call tonight! For more information on how to come on the call and listen to past recorded calls dealing with a large variety of subjects, including blood,shunning,mind control,child abuse etc. hit this link. http://sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/conferencecalls.html

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

If you want to come on the conference call tonight and do not want to use your telephone you can listen in via computer. Here are the instructions.

If you cannot participate via your telephone ,w e are host ing this conference call again on Paltalk . Y ou can download & use Paltalk basic for FREE. Go to http://www.paltalk.com/ Click "Download for Free" follow installation directions . NOTE: I recommend using a separate hotmail account for Paltalk registration. Do not use your regular E-mail account, I have been getting reports of a volume of e-mail Spam coming through Paltalk. The room name for tonight's conference call is: Six ScreensOf The Watchtower It is found under " Religion and Spirituality " subsection "Christianity

• middleman
    middleman

Keep up the good work Rick!!!

• 1914BS
    1914BS

Randy that is funny stuff

What do you think about my latest find though??

STREET LIGHT - discovered Jun 05-09 by 1914BS - page 233 Revelation Climax

http://streetlights.tripod.com/lumes/phgcpf2.htm

http://streetlights.tripod.com/lumes/phgcpf5.htm

The Thomas Betts 113, possibly the present #1 luminaire in NYC

So take a close look at where the light fixture attaches to the pole in the pic.
    Notice the angled part of the lamp fixture where it connects to the end of the pole
    - it is the exact same angle as in the Thomas Betts street light. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN IT IS A STREET LIGHT!!!

Why do the ex bethellites go suddenly quiet when factual evidence is presented. I think some of you guys
    might be closet bethellites.

BTW that one got by Lloyd Barry!!. Too bad he could not edit that one out - HA!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

As an avid listener to Rick's calls, I've heard all kinds of great information and have met some great people on there. In fact, he has spoken of many important issues, ones in which you mention. How many times have YOU actually listened in on a call? I admit I'm halfers on the subliminal images issue, though some are compelling, but nevertheless if you don't agree then that's YOUR deal. The fact remains that even though some of Rick's conference call topics have been considered controversial, there have been many others that are dead on and informative. The reality is that he's doing a great service and allowing people (including active JW's) to voice their concerns/opinions. He's very fair on the calls and gives everyone a chance to voice their opinion. If you don't like what he's doing, then move on and do your own thing. BTW, what are YOU doing for the JW community? Maybe we can tear down your "outreach" to them? Nah jk

I may have been out of line by saying "ONLY concerned with sensational stories." That was an exageration. However, to include these sensational stories detracts from what otherwise may be an effective effort to spread the word.

Also, just because something is said to be "controversial," doesn't mean there is a legitimate debate about it. That's giving one side WAY too much credit. I can say the moon is made of cheese, but just because I call my statement "controversial" doesn't mean there's REALLY two sides to the issue. It just means I'm an idiot and have no objectivity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit