Alert: WinPC Anti-virus

by FlyingHighNow 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

What FHN posted was what I came across a few weeks ago. I was trying to access a needlework website that I had received an email from a hobby mailing list.....one whose program had been taken off cable (DIY) but the host said she was now appearing on another channel.....and then I got zapped by this other mess and could NOT get out of the page no matter what I did. Hubby has all sorts of bells and whistles that I have no clue how to use....and he was able to eradicate it after a few minutes. He told me not to click on that site again.....so I wonder if the needlework program will actually be coming back on the air....or if it was all a hoax (for lack of a better word) designed to get people to click on this virus-infected site.

I admit, I am rather naive in a lot of things....but I have to wonder WHY some people spend so much time and effort to make other people's lives so miserable like this?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

You can get a microsoft/windows updated patch to protect you. That's what Ian did for my computer.

• caliber
    caliber

Flyin Dear,

So glad your computer is up and running ! ....

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank you, Caliver. Me, too. I got more sleep when it was in the shop.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Cal, I have not thought of that. Do those come in sizes?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think that would be wayyy to big for this modem and PC.

• caliber
  • booby
    booby

also called winbluesoft, etc. Download ubuntu (linux based) lets you use CD to boot to ubuntu and then you can delete blocker .DLL from windows system32. Once you have done that there are simple programs you can download (malwarebits, smitfix) either to desktop or if you can't get it to download to that location download to usb stick and transfer to desktop. Run (I would start with smitfix) and it will remove the offending programs. The blocker.Dll file stops most programs from running (like the ones to fix the problem, smitfix etc.) but you cannot delete it from windows because it will refuse because windows is using it. But once in ubuntu you can delete it and then when back in windows you can run these other programs, that will remove the program that is causing the trouble. Trust me I did it on my daughters computer with a little help from my son. Aren't kids wonderful.

• booby
  • booby
    booby

I know you are talking about Winpc but the need to rid the computer of the blocker.dll is the same

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit