Topics for discussion with JWs - part 3: Homosexual animals...

by Albert Einstein 113 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

AE,

I don't believe I have ever seen what you have referred to:

But why there is so much homosexuality among God created animals? It is very common among lions, giraffes, hypos, cattle.... and you can find homosexuality basicly among most of animal species... It is so not only in ZOOs (sometimes blamed on stress from unnatural conditions) but it is as well in wild nature...

I have had 2 male dogs for years, one nuetered one not. (Dobermans)...... There was never a hint of one trying to "hump" the other.....it would have been a death match. They were also taught early on, trying to hump a human leg was unexceptable. When male animals are young they try to dominate everything as they come into their sexual maturity. It does not make them "homosexual animals".

Trying to compare human homosexuals to animal behavior is degrading. Its a ridiculous argument.

r.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    You refer to this therapy as torture, and you are likely right - Jesus did say that we would have to keep on knocking, keep on asking and struggle through the narrow door - it wasn't meant to be easy.

Actually I was just using the torture as proof that people can make themselves withstand anything if they put their mind to it. I wasn't relegating this therapy to torture.

For animals, I don't have an answer as to why it happens - I don't believe they are conscious of what they do, at least not in the way we are.

This is actually the crux of the entire matter, they do it unconsciencely which can only be relegated to instinct. Since no where does it say Satan is influencing this behavior we have to believe that this is an instinct that God created in them. Which since it does stem population overgrowth it could well be an instinct that is within animals. In fact if you think about it, it could've been input into humans for after we have "filled the earth" to stem further population growth. Just a thought and not necessarily part of the question.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Whatever God created animals to do is irrelevant to what man is to do - even if God Himself programmed every one of them to do it. There is nothing in the Bible that shows that God is concerned with what animals do among themselves. God's concern with animals only goes so far as they affect or interact with man. But, one can't expect a person grasp this who twists verses dealing with the kind treatment of civilian survivors of a war and compensation for a rape victim into saying that God promotes rape.

It is dishonest of you to take things out of context to force them to say things they the original audience would never have thought them to mean, and then declare them irrelevant to another society. Frankly, the ideals set forth in what these verses actually mean is still held by our society today.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I have a couple of female dogs, and they hump each other during the heat cycle

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

reniaa, i'm waiting for your answer, 3rd time

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Reniaa..So if some pervert has sex with your pet.."A":Are you going to kill your pet because the Bible say`s so?.....Or ....."B":Let your sexually abused pet live,and ignore the law`s of God!!...........Reniaa..Are you one of those people who Cherry picks,what the Bible demands?..You constantly accuse people on this board,of doing exactly that!!...........What would you do Reniaa?..You only have 2 choices........And..You know I want an answer!!..........Please don`t make me have to repeatedly ask you,to answer me.....You know I will........................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Truthseeker..Penguins are not Gay!..My penguins are Cigar smoking Drunks,but they`re not Gay!....... Penguin Wave Penguin Wave...................... Penguins Well..OK..those 2 are..But nobody talks about it....................LOL!...OUTLAW

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi dacheech contradictions are sometimes a matter of opinion, the bible is a warts and all historical picture of God's people and it certainly shows they have choices of what to do, he didn't want them to have kings but they insisted on them etc

Someone said about hebrews raping please provide the scriptures.

Some contradictions are born from wrong interpretations of what religions take from the bible certainly if you only accept part of the bible like the greek scriptures this may lead to contradictions from your viewpoint, you are going to have to provide examples of apparent contradictions please rather than just a sweeping statement hiding in a question.

homosexuality in animals is not a contradiction the bible gave a set of rules for MEN not for animals so apparent homosexuality in animals is not addressed by the bible.

Someone talked about his two males dogs doing sexual acts on each other if you put a female dog on heat in the same room as them would they still prefer each other or would they turn to her?

sexuality in animal kingdom is complex some animals only mate once a year purely for procreation should we do that since it is normal for that group of animals?

and like I said above if if these so-called homosexual animals are given a female on heat alternative to procreate with and a male of their species if they choose the female in preference everytime does that make them bi-sexual? lol can't you see the issue with putting human standards on the animal kingdom?

Why don't we goto insects were one happy female insect mates with a male then eats his head off should we do that?

The bible is very explicit about Man unlike animals been made in God's image and we are given a reasoning ability that instinctual creatures haven't got.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    Whatever God created animals to do is irrelevant to what man is to do - even if God Himself programmed every one of them to do it. There is nothing in the Bible that shows that God is concerned with what animals do among themselves. God's concern with animals only goes so far as they affect or interact with man. But, one can't expect a person grasp this who twists verses dealing with the kind treatment of civilian survivors of a war and compensation for a rape victim into saying that God promotes rape.

And by twist of course you mean interpret differently than you. Civilian survivors of a war? That is too funny, I mean imagine your town is decimated by a group of maurauders, they take you prisoner and have their way with you back in their camp. Per their law, they decide against keeping you as their wife, so they shave your head and let you return home. That is the scripture, that is what is told to do. I don't make this up. But one can't expect a person to grasp this who only will view things from one perspective.

God doesn't care for animals, is that what you're saying here? I guess that makes sense since he punished them for sin committed by humans. What a loving God you worship.

It is dishonest of you to take things out of context to force them to say things they the original audience would never have thought them to mean, and then declare them irrelevant to another society. Frankly, the ideals set forth in what these verses actually mean is still held by our society today.

And by dishonest you mean interpret it differently than you. You know what the original audience thought them to mean eh? Care to provide some credentials on that? I'll be more than happy to accept any sort of history degree as ancient civilization was my minor for my bachelors. Frankly, you interpret a scripture one way and are shocked when someone sees it a different way, that for you seems wrong for some reason. Why don't you enlighten me as to what these verses actually mean, then I'll be glad to cite numerous references that show you're just saying that to justify your worship of this barbaric God in the Old Testiment.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I have seen boy dogs try by riding and humping but that's it. They never seem to complete the act. Dogs will ride anything, stuffed animals, trees, blue jean legs....

Snoozy trying to picture what "Lesbian animals do"...to a dog smelling and licking is often a greeting or showing of superiority..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit