2009 "Keep On The Watch" is a milestone convention like Cedar Point- not!

by JimmyPage 23 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

Cedar Point,the "Advertise advertise ....!" one was a milestone because Rutherford was launching his marketing campaign to sell enough books for his lifestyle,Cadillacs and Beth-sarim etc.

This years sounds like a lame attempt,as in every other year ,to get more income,by sucking in more people,but I bet the Dubs are LESS motivated after this years Cultivention than before they went !

Love

Wobble

• cantleave
    cantleave

I went- it was so drearysome. I caught up on a lot of missed sleep though.

• bohm
    bohm

darn... 2009 was the first convention i ever went to. if this was an EXCITING convention with lots of content, i hate to see a booring one! seriously, most of the half-hour talks could be (extensively) summerized on the back of a postcard. the gazillionth time the speaker said: "we can illustrate this with a picture" i felt like screaming: "OR YOU COULD ALSO SAY IT IN A SINGLE, SIMPLE SENTENCE AND SAVE US ALL 15 MINUTES!"

• Girlie
    Girlie

I went to the convention last weekend, but only caught Fri. & Sat. I just came back from Sunday's convention. Most of it went in one ear and out the other. I couldn't "Keep Awake" enough to "Keep on the Watch". The drama was corny as ever and the actors didn't seem too enthused with their parts. There was a roar when the shady character Bad News Al came in. I believe his race played more of a part in the roar, then his immoral nature. I just sat there with a blank expression and all that kept going through my mind was that Uni-Blab from the Jetsons beep: Buuuurr Biiiiing! lol

But overall, it was very dreary and boring. I noticed that many just came to see the drama and no sooner then it ended, rolled out. It also appears that some of the"friends" are growing tired of the constant lip service they are getting from Society. But of course, they're not going to openly admit this fact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit