2009 "Keep On The Watch" is a milestone convention like Cedar Point- not!

by JimmyPage 23 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

LOL @ OTWO!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I am going to go incognito to see what all the fuss is about.

I have had to make my own lapel badge so that I will go unnoticed.

I haven't seen the real one, so there was a little guesswork involved.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Keep On the Watch" ..."How Can You Survive The End OF the World?" , a drama about the Prodigal son....

I wonder if the thrust of the Convention is intended to appeal to people like....well, us? Those who used to belong, can now see "What is happening in the world" and might be thinking that it is time to return...

After all those that are already in are presumably already watching

BTW to continue Jimmy Page's Shakespearean analogy..perhaps it will be more of :

A Comedy Of Errors, or

A Midsummer Nights Deam , but I do not think it will be

Alls Well That Ends Well...

Mind You, some C/O's wives could have done with ...The Taming Of The Shrew

• sir82
    sir82

If anyone is told something like this, go back to the person 2 months after the convention has ended and ask him to reiterate just one point he learned at the convention.

If he's anything like 99% of the JWs I know, you'll get a "deer in the headlights" look, followed by some vague comment like "avoid materialism" or "go out in service more".

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

I always thought convensions were ment so that all those single brothers and sisters can find someone to start dating and get married to. Maybe it is more like "Keep on the watch" for your future spouse.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:2009 "Keep On The Watch" is a milestone millstone convention like Cedar Point

There. That's better!

Farkel

• Lucky Calamity
    Lucky Calamity

Dang it! I missed yet another milestone ASSembly! There was one here in Raleigh, too. Was it the same thing?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

So very sad. The few JW's I speak with are always so aglow for about a week.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It will be more time out of your life,you will never get back..

.....LOL!!...OUTLAW

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Maybe in the new scrolls that will be opened in "the new system" will the 2009 conventions around the world be a milestone.

Or maybe in the book "Rise and Fall of the Jehovah's Witnesses" will it be acknowledged that this was their last big year. Hooray!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit