2009 "Keep On The Watch" is a milestone convention like Cedar Point- not!

by JimmyPage 23 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

My dad hasn't been to the convention yet but he is very excited to go. He has been told by a friend of his who went that it is a milestone convention like Cedar Point, Ohio and that after this, nothing will be the same again.

From what I know he is in for a disappointment. I think they could safely call this year's assembly theme "Much Ado About Nothing"!

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Seems like there have been a lot of "Much Ado About Nothing" assemblies.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    ...after this, nothing will be the same again.

I looked up "redundant" in the dictionary and it said, "See 'redundant.'"

It will be the same again.... and again.... and again....

• donny
    donny

"Keep on the Watch" is about as tired an expression that exists in JW Land. I remember hearing several talks with that title and there was a series of Watchtower study articles in the 1980's with this title. I find it extremely amusing that everything they have ever told us to watch for has never come close to happening.

Don

• Quandry
    Quandry

He has been told by a friend of his who went that it is a milestone convention like Cedar Point, Ohio and that after this, nothing will be the same again.

Oh, no!!! Does this mean they will have to do another re-do of the Revelation Climax Book to include this convention as some sort of new "trumpet blast" or sign????

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is about as much a milestone as any other day. More reminders to keep going out in field circus. More reminders about how people in the Unholy Bible were faithful (which I have heard so many times that it sounds like "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" during Christmas time). More telling people that they have to watch out for the apostates. More telling people that they have to get all their relatives in, so they will be trapped in. Waste your time pxxxing people off. And, of course, the worn-out story about man's fall from paradise and being returned to paradise.

Sure sounds like a milestone to me. At least there is going to be a new songbook, with 135 pieces of Kingdumb sxxx, with 132 of them gone and 42 new ones added (which I think people are going to quickly realize that they are not all that great after all).

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

When do the DC's kick off this year? The first ones must be pretty soon.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Are you going to go JimmyPage

• aniron
    aniron

it is a milestone convention like Cedar Point, Ohio and that after this, nothing will be the same again.

This has been said about every convention for the last 5 years or so. (andprobably for every convention since Cedar Point)

I recall when they had the "Deliverance at Hand!" conventions, a couple of years ago. They were coming away from those saying how highly important they were. I recall hearing stories of JW sisters coming away from those conventions saying how they must get their unbelieving husbands in, because Armageddon would here by the end of the year.

How many times have you been to a District Convention and heard the words "This will be the last convention before Aramgeddon."

Same old, same old

• wobble
    wobble

Cedar Point Ohio conventions were only milestones, or important, in Booze Ratherfrauds addled brain.

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit