I hate the CO

by superman 54 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What happens if you kick the child out of the house, by sending them to college? Preferably in a university that has at least 5,000 students on campus.

• lrkr
    lrkr

When I was an elder (over 2 years ago) the drum was already starting to beat on this tune. So I believe that these CO's are just verbalizing what is in writing and others are embarassed to say from the platform. An elder's qualifications will be questioned if his kids go to college, don't get baptized, don't attend meetings, etc. I was removed because my wife went to college and I supported it- and she missed a lot of meetings. Being removed as an elder was the best thing that ever happened to me- because I faded right out after that. (Hard to fade when you have a talk every other week)

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

WTF? She's 18 right? Don't MOST people move out at 18? A foster home? What are you a retard? SHE'S 18!

Send her off to college filling out FASFA takes about 15 minutes online it's cake... If she talks to the social services at college and tells them the situation I'll bet there is a TON of free money out there just waiting for her.

In the long run this is going to be far and away the best thing that ever happened to her, sure the society is a bunch of dicks but why the long faces? This is GREAT! I'm THRILLED they are taking this stance more seriously!!!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Look, I have not been a MS for the last year.... but I do remember one of those elder/ms/CO only meetings.

there is alot said to us in private during those meetings, the words are from the society, and the CO tells us things WE have to enforce.

2 of the things that really caught my eye were

1) if you are baptized and notice that there is a DF'd person at a gathering.... you must leave and make sure others know WHY!

2) if you have position in the hall (MS, elder, pioneer) and you have these problems in the family, you will be removed..... so fix the problem at all costs!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

many people love being elder, and kick the kids out.

many people don't have the balls to stand up to these jerks.... so they kick their kids out.

20 odd years ago, my uncle kicked out his son/girlfriend for DF reasons. well, my cousins girfriend overdosed and died.

these guys try to punish, they don't care about the consequences

• Scott77
    Scott77

20 odd years ago, my uncle kicked out his son/girlfriend for DF reasons. well, my cousins girfriend overdosed and died(DaCheech)

DaCheech,

Please, be specific. Who was kicked out by the elder? son alone or son and his girl friend? How old were they when kicked out? Were son/girl friend living together inside the Elder's house?

Please, how about your cousin's girl friend? she killed herself as I read but were she JW? If yes, how old were she and her boyfriend?

Scott77

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I saw all this type of behavior unfold in my ex's family. My ex could stay home if she pioneered. One Brother in law stepped down when his kid stopped going to meetings. The list goes on. It's just a continual gleening of free thinkers getting removed from the ranks

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

At a very early age (10) it was made clear to me that if I didn't grow up to serve Jehovah I would be kicked out of the house. Why a parent would threaten to throw their kid out of the house over anything is beyond me. SUbservience to the WTS effectively replaces natural love and affection. (And doesn't Jesus have something to say about that?)

" No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family."

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

my cousin was young 20 and he was df'd for having a worldly girfriend, oviously being df'd was not enough. they had to leave the home

• JeffT
    JeffT

As I've said before, it was the WTBS' treament of children (specifically higher ed) that got me on the questioning road. Eventually the self-defeating nature of this stuff will catch up with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit