I hate the CO

by superman 54 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

The guy before him is the last one I had (Ed Firepants). I've heard from some people that this guy is a little strange.

• superman
    superman

Hey Keyser,
    I knew ED too, he was a royal "jerk-off", I know for a fact he hated kids (Or at least freethinking ones)! I hate the CO

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

VM44, thanks for pointing this out. I am very interested to see if this is something that will be coming on strong from the Society or if it is just a few CO's out there.

My wife currently has a good relationship with her parents even though she is DF (only her mom is a baptized jw). If they start asking for tighter restrictions I am under the belief this will really anger my mother-in-law. She has said enough to my wife to reveal that she "doesn't believe everything", that "DF'ing is a punishment not a caring provision" that "meetings are terrible" and has at various times encouraged her to lie to the elders to get reinstated so that she can have a relationsihp with her sister who currently shunns her. The more that time passes the more it seems she realizes what the WTS is wrong.

• cognac
    cognac

I'm with BB on this... However, if it is true- he's doing his own thing. I've never heard of the society saying anything like this. They may encourage early baptism, but that's about it...

Anyways, all your mom should have said to the CO was - "How old was Jesus when he got baptised?"

• Gayle
    Gayle

These COs actually get this attitude from the GOVERNING Body. Majority were never parents. No wonder they teach that it is better to let their children die versus getting a blood transfusion. They have no empathy or understanding regarding children at all. Most weren't even JW children themselves.

• minimus
    minimus

It's an us vs. them mentality. I believe they want to divide families if the families are not 100% in support of the WT.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Uhm, GUYS??? This is the organization that printed the "Children" book in the '30's that basically told JWs to not have children 'cause the END is near - oooogey booogey!!

This is the organization that told their members to not worry about sending their kids to school in the 1930's and not to send their kids to college in the 1960-70's 'cause the END is near... And they're still 'pounding the pulpit' to this day with that same old line...

The WTBTS also told young couples not to have children in the time before 1975 - I was there. I heard the talks... The WTBTS claimed that children would be a 'liability' when the "Great Tribulation" began - nasty 'worldly' people would torment them to get us to crack - I guess by that same reasoning no one should have pets, either... I've been out for 24 years, but others here have posted recent comments from the WTBTS that indicate their stand on having children hasn't really changed that much - WTBTS still views children as a 'liability'...

William J. Whalen's book, "Armageddon Around the Corner", copywright 1962, discusses some of these odd attitudes of the WTBTS. I read it when I was nine years old, and recognized his accuracy in exposing many of the spastic, weird attitudes of the WTBTS. He called them "anti-marriage" and I think he also called them "anti-children". At nine years old, I recognized the truth of William J. Whalen's words... Drastically reduced the WTBTS' hold on my mind, in spite of the beatings at home.

So how come you people haven't figured out that the WTBTS comes out with some of the most spastic, unbelieveable [that's if you're not 'cult-brain-washed] illogical ideas possible???

When I was a member, I was often flabbergasted by the stuff coming out of WTBTS - but had to accept it 'cause my vicious parents would hit/slap/kick/insult me otherwise...

I am SO GLAD I'm out of there! NOTHING the WTBTS would come up with would surprise me! If the WTBTS told every one of their members to jump off a cliff - a LITERAL cliff - I wouldn't be surprised.

Zid

• superman
    superman

I guess a better question would be whether anyone knows about the requirements for being an elder. Do your kids have to be baptized if they live at home and are aldults? Or is it you only have to have to step down if they're DF'd and still live with you? Because my lil sis, isn't on restriction or anything like that, (she's not big into service, commenting, or talks, but that's more because of being shy).

• loosie
    loosie

Wasn't there a trial recently somewhere where the Judge you can't kick your child out for religous reasons if you are their main source of support.

• Waffles
    Waffles

They are perpetually making it more difficult to sit on the fence. Either you are with us or you are against us. There is no middleground left to be had when the hardliners come to town.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit