Is anyone suffering from post-traumatic bitterness disorder?

by BurnTheShips 32 Replies latest jw friends

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I'm trying very hard not to be bitter. I've got a few years ahead of me, a decent brain, some hope that isn't steaming piles of bat guano, have reconnected to my non JW family who was alienated from me for years and hey...life is pretty damn good, especially compared to being a Witness.

I'm FREEEEEEE! and I think I'm starting to enjoy it. I called my uncle and his wife today who I haven't talked to in 20 years because they're "Christians" and oooh, EVIL, because of that. They'd destroy my precious inpenetrable JW faith, you know!

Turns out they're nice normal people who talk about how they love God once in a while but wow, normal. No horns or pitchforks or pea soup vomiting.
    I had a ball talking to them, and they're moving here!

I swear, it's divine providence or something. Or just a really wonderful coincidence. I'm getting a FAMILY again. I think I'm gonna cry.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

People in my current profession are often bitter. That's the primary reason why I'm seeking to get out of it.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

People in my current profession are often bitter. That's the primary reason why I'm seeking to get out of it.

Do you work in advertising by any chance? 'Cause I do and I'm just about ready to shoot myself.

• Spook
    Spook

Hmm, Interesting but it seems to me like this is not nearly substantial enough of a difference to legitimize a diagnostic category. At most this would incorporate anger into the Adjustment Disorder diagnosis, usually broken down in terms of anxiety or depression.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

There are one or two people on this forum who appear to be incredibly bitter.

Daniel-p, what do you do for a job?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Mastadon and Mickey: Urban/regional planning.

• ninja
    ninja

not me bud.....I go to work every morning whistling and dancing like a chimney sweep out of mary poppins.......except that one time I forgot to put my trousers on......and my t-shirt.........the police were nice about it though.......how we laughed on the way to the station

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

Thanks. This is very interesting. Sign me up for treatment! The description is so accurate, as I know I suffer from this. It's been 18 years and I still want justice! I could use some help!

• wavvy
    wavvy

Wow! Really interesting! I think I am one of those people who is primarily just thrilled to be free and can't be bothered wasting time on biterness. But, I'm sure some biterness emerges from time to time, especially after an email or letter from my mum.

Plenty of people who are still JWs though, and suffering from this syndrome I think.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I had flashbacks a little while ago today. I went to the inlaws house to drop off Junior, (we will be out of all next week visiting Kauai ) and WT lit was all over the place. I only see them very infrequently lately. Anyway, I see all the lit everywhere, and a hand written yeartext on the wall done by my brainwashed teenage sis in law, and my blood pressure rises. I hate that about myself. I don't often get angry, I am very passionate about the subject as I am about most things and when I do talk about it it isn't because it is personal, it is because they are wrong. OR maybe I am a little nuts after all.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit