DF or DA what do you think the difference is?

by Rosey 36 Replies latest jw friends

• runningonfaith
    runningonfaith

DF- they kick you out because you're not as good as they are

DA-you kick them out ,so they'll find a bunch of nasty stuff to say about you so they can still feel they are better than you

• Rosey
    Rosey

Thanks for everyones comments although I think I maybe wasn't as clear as I should have been with the real questions.

Do you still feel the same way as you did as a witness about the difference between df's or da'd?

Have your feelings changed?

Do you as a df'd person see yourself as different from a da'd person?

Do you as a da'd person see yourself as different from a df'd person?

Just wondering

Rose x

• boyzone
    boyzone

I'm da'd and I don't see myself as any different to a df'd person. Its not the reasons for leaving/being kicked out, that matters, its the consequences. And the consequences for both are the same. Shunning.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I don't know or care if I am disfellowshipped or disascociated, just so long as they DON'T talk to me.

I want no contact with them on any level, "family" included.

This is not anger, more embarrassment! Lol

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Do you as a df'd person see yourself as different from a da'd person?

Do you as a da'd person see yourself as different from a df'd person?

I'm disassociated "by my actions" (namely, going to church. I see myself as different from someone who was DFd for unrepentant gross sin, such as adultery. I merely exercised by God-given free will and chose to not go to the meetings of JWs and instead go to a local church. To be punished for doing so is, of course, ridiculous, and there is not precedent in Scripture to place someone like me in the same category as an adulterer.

When it comes to cases of disfellowshipping such as that of Hobo Ken, well....that's a different matter entirely....

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

How about this for the difference between DF'd and D.A.'d,:-

DA'd person has made a concientious and informed decision to leave the wts whatever the reasons.

D'F'd person could be one who has been DF'd for non Biblcal "sins" like apostasy etc but it's usually the case that it's some act like adultery or drunken-ness.

How about this for an extra dimension though, anyone seen the 6th sense? Bruce Willis's character is dead but does not realise it. When he eventually gets hit with the news it's a complete shock.

I believe that there are a significant number of people who were disfellowshipped over the years that don't realise what they have actually left behind. In other words they still think it was the "truth" and God's big old organisation on earth. Perhaps they've had no contact with any "apostates".

Imagine the shock when they are told or find out what it really is they left behind.

I make a point of finding those who are in this position locally and making sure they know the score (if they didn't already).

A disassociated person to some degree or another has recognized that they want no part of the Watchtower Society.

Matt.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Isn't the point that reinstatement for both is exactly the same? therefore that reflects a similarity of accountability?

• Rosey
    Rosey

reniaa.......the point of what?.........do you mean the point of my question or the point of df'ing and da'ing.....?

hoboken.....and pp I guess my questions may have been slightly more geared towards you as we know each other and while I was df'd for "fornication"......something I make no apologies for..................and you were df'd and da'd for apostasy.........do you, now that you have left, feel that you are different as an exjw than I am............

I hope this does not sound in anyway confrontational as it most certainly is not intended to be..........I was just wondering if it makes a difference......even though we know each other?

You see I feel like although we all (those on the board) may have been df'd and da'd for a general few reasons.......every single one of us has had a different situation or experience with it in some small way at least and every one of us may be at different stages too......like you said hoboken, some people have not realized when they were df'd what they were leaving but then again some people may have been very clear about their choices and each day find that it is reinforced.

The thing is we can never fully know everyone's situation and since we are all free to have our own beliefs........what may be classed by some as wrong some others may not think is wrong at all........................should we then see differences in people based on our beliefs or those of the person or should we just see humankind........and who we want to be?

OK I admit it I'm very bad at being philosophical........read into it what you will or think of me as a nutter if you choose.

Rose x

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

difference without a disctinction

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

>Rosey

Good comeback to Reniaa there. As usual a post without a punch (and off topic) She seems to think that both groups could get back in as both are out in the spiritual darkness so therefore it does not really matter how we categorise ourselves......She like many Witnesses does not even begin to contemplate a life outside of "God's Org." To an extent she is right , both groups are no longer JW's so what does it matter how they got there?

Rosey as far as I'm concerned anyone who has left the wts is ok in my book whether they have been kicked out or left of their own accord.

Of course there are things which the Bible says are wrong but the Bible also says we are not placed to judge others as we are all sinners.

This is a good passage of scripture.(1 Corinthians 4:2-5) . . .Besides, in this case, what is looked for in stewards is for a man to be found faithful. 3 Now to me it is a very trivial matter that I should be examined by YOU or by a human tribunal. Even I do not examine myself. 4 For I am not conscious of anything against myself. Yet by this I am not proved righteous, but he that examines me is Jehovah. 5 Hence do not judge anything before the due time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring the secret things of darkness to light and make the counsels of the hearts manifest, and then each one will have his praise come to him from God.

Here the so called "judicial committe" is laid bare by the scriptures and we are counselled not to Judge until the Lord arrives because he is the only competent Judge.

I'm absolutely no different from anyone else that's left. Because I choose a Christian course does not make me better than those who have not, in fact it should make one more humble and realistic about all of our failings.

I have many friends of which I count you among who are exJW and they are all in very different circumstances but all fellow humans.

The organisation seeks to control and enforce punishment on it's members by disfellowshipping, even for things nowhere mentioned in the Bible. How can that be love for your neighbour?

There is not a day goes by that I'm not glad I left this organisation.

Matt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit