Breaking free and closure...

by RaraAvis 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    So my question is: When does leaving end if one is constantly thinking on that which was left? How does a person find closure if they are still very much involved or engaging the "ex" so-to-speak?

Healing is a gradual process. You can't expect to heal from 20 years of mistreatment in 6 months. On the other side of the coin, constantly picking at a scab will not make a wound heal more quickly. Sometimes we do it to ourselves, but often it's done by family who are still in and refuse to respect one's right to freedom of/from religion.

W

• mouthy
    mouthy

So you really feel that this is an organization a person can never really completely break free from emotionally?
    I just spoke to some one that was a JW for 40 years in Ohio..( Phone)
    she said her & her hubby dont even THINK on the WT left it all behind.

Dont want to know how they are? where they are ? She said they are truly FREE!!!
    I think that is extremly healthy...She wants me to keep in touch though because
    we met at BRCI,1989 & again at PA 1989 Ex JW convention.Just to chat.
    But no JW talk at all !!!!!!! So there is one that did it....

• wtfmidoing
    wtfmidoing

Great analogy. Now to compare it to how each individual reacts to thier own circumstances determines why they are here. I know that I get a sense of "so I must not be completly nuts" when I read some of the posts. I can only break free when my family breaks free. Like a child of divorced parents there's always something that involuntarily affects your life.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I split up with the cult 20 years ago. It hasn't split up with me yet.

Participating in this forum is much healthier than going around being angry with no one to talk to. I'll stop when the cult leaves me alone.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Good thead. Many persons who are obsessive compulsive posters on here are still mentally trapped by Watchtowerism. The Blondie's, Minimuses, etc. The reason they are still morbidly fascinated by the Society and cannot let go is probably because they have loved ones still trapped in the organisation..family and dear friends they left behind. Letting go of everything JW is like losing those family and friends forever. Probably true of me too.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i agree with you.

if I had no family, I would be on this board and probably left after 6 months.

but, I have family, cannot leave. I come here day after day hoping:

1) more people leave

2) the society goes bankrupt

3) some new news that will turn them chasing their tails!

• RaraAvis
    RaraAvis

I lost a lot of friends, I use that term lightly though. It was difficult coming to terms with the fact that I didn't matter that much to any of them in the end. Even when I was officially DF'd they had all abandoned me years and years before. So I guess I kind of felt like, "what have I really lost? friends who truly do not care for me?" Thankfully the important people stuck around.

ra

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit