So, it happened. Packed my things and left

by aligot ripounsous 33 Replies latest jw friends

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Some may remember, I wrote on an other thread that elders forbade me to give comments at the WT meeting, as I weaken the brothers' faith. I wasn't satisfied with this outcome and, 10 days ago I sat with my wife on the front part of the KH (like in many KHs, attendants pack on the back seats), in the middle of the row, right in front of the WT elder, and raised my hand insistently. I was of course openly ignored but I didn't care, all that I wanted was verybody to see how they deal with independent members. After the meeting, I asked an elder what he believed a visitor would think, seeing a brother evidently ignored. It seems he had never viewed the matter that way, looked troubled and said that he would mention my remark to other elders.

Last sunday, my wife and I sat at the same place but, after the public talk and during the song, an elder took me outside, the whole assembly watching. He asked me not to raise my hand because I couldn't comment, being too negative and a nuisance to many. I replied that I just intend to be lucid and rational and that my comments are not better, but not worse, than anyone else's. He insisted that I shouldn't comment. I said OK, walked briskly to my seat as the attendants were just seated back and I packed my things conspicuously, told my wife that I was awaiting outside, and walked out ; the hall was dead silent. Quite theatrical, I agree, but i wanted to make it clear to the most thinking JWs of the congregation why I was leaving, and hopefully give them matter to ponder on. My wife understands that it was my last meeting but she doesn't mind, she even said that I had sought for such an opportunity for a long time and I looked relieved. A page is turned over.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Right on!

Hero!

-LWT

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Way to go!! I hope you the best!!

• poppers
    poppers

Good for you!

• Dagney
  • quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

good for you aligot

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

well done youve got alot of balls

• Scott77
    Scott77

aligot ripounsous,

You are courageous. I stand wholly beside your position. Please, be assured, all of us here are for you. Imagine Jesus was sitting in that kingdom hall and saw you being ignored. I think that would be an irony. You have nothing to loss or gain from staying in. Such behaviours on the part of Elders are not only questionable, very callous but are extremely irreprehensible to say the least. Please, use this time to rebuild your life early and help a wife to move out as soon as possible. The future is bright for you but not for you when you are still in. Too early the better than late. Congreculation. Please, write a signed letter of dissasociation to complete the exit. Please, do not forget to tell them in the letter, to refrain from contacting you in all forms and that any willful action on the contrary will be ground for law enforcement action. Please, do not look back.

Good luck

Scott77

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Such behaviours on the part of Elders are not only questionable, very callous

I wonder how much they realized that I controlled the whole thing, they played right into my hands with their ignoring me at the WT meeting, etc.

In fact I don't intend to DA, I even told them that I don't want to be DFed because I want to retain the right to say hello and have a chat with the JWs I come across in the street. Mind, that answer might be enough to be DFed, LOL.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Please let us know what happens next. It seems like you are handling things very openly and confidently without being antagonistic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit