So, it happened. Packed my things and left

by aligot ripounsous 33 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

You got more guts than me. I took my frustration out on the kingdom hall door and I'm not even sure anybody saw me do it.

I didn't go back after I was called into the back room after the regular meeting was over. Before Dwight Harsh called me back, I had one foot out the door and one foot on a banana peel. Ya could have pushed me out the door with a feather. That back room meeting was a bulldozer approach for them. Dwight could have achieved the same (desired) results with much less effort (and time).

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Tout vient à point pour qui sait attendre... ;-)

(everything comes in time for those who can wait - French popular saying)

• chickpea
    chickpea

stunningly masterful swordplay sir!!!
    touché!!

Fencing

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Good for you! They clearly see you as a threat.

• Waffles
    Waffles

Wow, you're my idol! Right on!

• Waffles
    Waffles

How did you even fit through the door to exit the Kingdom Hall with testicles that large?

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Gary, the reason why I take it lightly is that this organization never really harmed me. My wife and I talked frankly about the situation, she's miles away from dogmatism. I will be glad to take her to the hall by car and collect her, unless she prefers to go by herself and chat with her friends. We take it cool because we have always kept nosy elders and JWs at arm length. However, I understand very well that other JWs get out with a lot of bitterness, due to having had their education chances chattered by JW fanatism, or young sisters having been kept in forced celibacy, etc. I'm glad I kept my children out, just hope they won't misbehave. Not two personal situations are alike, pas vrai Narkissos ?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Way to go, AR! I believe using their actions against them is an excellent strategy. Others see this and know something incorrect or improper went down. It makes them all think.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I wonder how much they realized that I controlled the whole thing, they played right into my hands with their ignoring me at the WT meeting, etc.

I bet they haven't even figured this out!

Way to go! And two thumbs up!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Great story, thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit