Robdar

I believe evolution can happen.

• Twitch
    Twitch

yes

• Twitch
    Twitch

chickpea

I do believe a white dwarf is the remains of the star after a supernova, if it isn't big enough to create a black hole

And yes, we are all made of starstuff and will be again one day

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Yep, to me the evidence does not point to man be created in the current image......

• John Doe
    John Doe

Allrighty then. Some of you make this hard to tally, because I have to read your repsonses and make a subjective interpretation of which number you are picking. Here's what I come up with:

1. 22
    2. 2
    3. 1

Now, I'm curious if this is an accurate pooling of the JWN population. Are the creationists embrassed to speak up? The reason I ask is because an identical poll was ran on another forum I visit (hence my wording of the initial question to try to give a good comparison, since I did not initiate the poll on the other forum). The poll on that site, however, was anonymous, and might account for the different result. Interestingly, no one took issue with the question's phrasing. I've always known the other forum to be more conservative, but I still find the magnatude of the different results interesting. Here's the results from that place:

1. 26
    2. 16
    3. 2

Here is the forum in question.

Thoughts?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

My guess is that most here have found the WT are full of lies so they think the bible is a lie and thus creation.

However, why should we believe that the WT are actually representative of the bible or the God of it?

In my own mind the damage is done for some, but in my heart I have total faith that God can undo anything and make it better than new :)

All the best,

Stephen

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

In my case, since childhood I've honestly found evolution facinating. I was the kind of kid that was playing with fractal algorithms on his TI graphic calculator in 8th grade. A total math dork.

So.. when I first heard of evolution, and looked at the 'fractal' nature of the world (the way organic creatures repeat certain patterns), I found evolution well.. obvious.

Of course, being a good little JW, I pretended not to notice all that. But when I started to question things a little more, it was the first thing I investigated - was the evidence for evolution really as poor as the watchtower made it out to be?

I was in complete awe when I really started to study it. Evolution is the very essence of simplicity. Elegant and simple mathmatical rules leading to complex results. Creationism is a bungled mess of excuses and exceptions in comparison.

Of course, the obvious question that bothered me since I was a little kid was the standard "If logic dictates that because we are complex, we require a creator.. then by that same logic, any creator sophisticated enough to create us also demands an even greater creator." (Enter excuse/exception #1)

- Lime

• musky
    musky

Of course I believe in evolution! Good tunes on that album

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    My guess is that most here have found the WT are full of lies so they think the bible is a lie and thus creation.

However, why should we believe that the WT are actually representative of the bible or the God of it?

Usually the religious types will accuse an ex-JW that is now agnostic/atheist with "throwing the baby out with the bathwater."

This is often an inaccurate judgment. I'm not saying no one does it, but in many cases ex-JWs have learned that there are no "sacred cows" and everything can and should be questioned. No assumptions should be made -- not even about God or the Bible.

In my case, when I critically examined the bible I realized that it was not so amazing as I had been led to believe. It appeared more as a book written by regular men, full of contradictions, inaccuracies, and fantasy. And when I critically examined the evidence for a God, I realized there really is no hard evidence that he exists.. That is why I'm an atheist.

I did not decide to abandon all things religious simply because I was "hurt" by the JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit