My JW Daughter's M-I-L Tries to Shun Me in Bank Parking Lot- Sad / Funny

by flipper 22 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

The way the Jehovah's Witnesses treat us is so bizarre - you couldn't make this stuff up ! Have I ever had two weeks from JW hell. At least I can laugh about it !

So I parked at the bank and as I was getting out of my truck my JW's daughter's mother in law ( also JW ) was walking to her truck. We were parked facing each other and as she was about 20 feet away I noticed she saw me but would not speak ! She had this angry / fearful look on her face like , " Oh $hit. It's Mr. Flipper. What am I gonna do ? " So you know me ! I was proactively friendly ! I said, " Is that so and so ( her name ) ? " She grunted, " Yeah ". I asked her how her husband is doing, and not missing a beat as she didn't stop opened her door and hurried into her truck saying, " He's alright , " with a cold hateful look on her face. I just kept smiling and turned and walked into a store next to the bank.

When I came out of the store she was still parked in front of me talking on her cell phone. ( Possibly gossipping about seeing her " apostate " father ? ) I just drove off knowing I was polite and she wasn't.

This same witness woman treated me and Mrs. Flipper nice at her son and my daughters wedding 3 years ago - however that was in front of other witnesses watching where they have to give a good appearance . But if you get witnesses off by themselves - their true colors show up because they don't have to impress anybody - so they treat you like hardened cow dung. Amazing. I just shrugged it off and chuckled. Have you folks experienced different treatment like this when witnesses are off by themselves ? As always - I look forward to hearing from you.

( P.S. By the way this morning I saw my JW ex-wife and her JW husband at the other side of the gas pump I was using pumping gas. I was 10 feet away and they didn't say a thing. I think they saw me and high tailed it out of there before I could say anything ! Hilarious ! ) Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Flipper..Ya,I`ve been shunned.......You know what piss`s them off..If you shun them..LOL!!......Smile,ignore,drive away.....................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Balsam
    Balsam

I wouldn't have even bothered speaking to witness when I see them. They always act like their walking on hot coals and their ass is on fire with hemorrhoids.

Here a while ago my husband and I were passing through where I used to live and stopped to eat dinner before going home. Well the young man is an active JW but it had been 8 years and the boy didn't recognize me which was to my benefit. I caught him looking my way a couple of times with a puzzled expression probably because there was something familar about me. I am so glad I don't live in the same town where I used to live.

Ruth

• musky
    musky

Sorry to hear you had 2 weeks from JW hell. I think you handled things as well as anyone could.You have left a great lasting impression with her.

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

When I was df'd, I was going to meetings with mum and 3 brothers. We had to rely on others for transport to the meeting. An older sister used to pick us up. I was always under strict instructions not to say anything so as not to make her feel uncomfortable. Fine, whatever, I was 17 and in a world of hurt anyway. She used to chat away to mum and my brothers and I was like a stain on the carseat.

One night on the way home, her car got a flat. It was pouring rain. I asked her for the key to open the boot (trunk for you US folks) to get the spare out. I changed the wheel over, in my fancy, modest meeting dress in the drenching rain. I wrapped myself in a blanket she had in the boot and gave her the keys back. She thanked... my mum. Never once looked at me.

It's such a loving way to show those who sinned what they are missing ;) Sorry you are dealing with this drama now Mr Flipper, as much as we can try to laugh it off, it still hurts somewhere down deep. *hugs*

• Scully
    Scully

"All will know you are my disciples if you show love to one another." ~ John 13:35

I think that about sums it up.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Well when I was GOING to meetings,I know many who'd see you in the store and would try their best to duck out to another aisle. If that wasn't possible, they'd have their head turned the other way until I'd go up and say 'Hi, bro/sister-so and so.

Of course I'd get the fake, " I didn't recognize you out of your meetings clothes !" Yeah right. Got that line alot. Granted people look different out of service clothes,but c'mon, we're the only people in the aisle or area !!!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I don't say anything unless they say something. I figure if they want to shun me they can. I was a friendly guy when I was in so for the most part everyone is nice and says hello to me.

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

I'm sorry to read about such foolishness, Mr. Flipper. They really make you feel the 'love', alright...

I have been shunned on the phone. A 'Sister' mixed up my number with another Sis who has the same first name, and mistakenly called the 'weak' one -- me.

You could tell that she was shocked like heck to hear my voice. She asked how my husband and I were, and hung up quickly after that.

That was 9 months ago. I have called her since, but she never answers my calls. The same with the other 'sisters'.

What did I do to earn such shabby treatment you ask? Was I DA'd or DF'd? Neither. So why am I getting the cold shoulder?

Because I have enough problems managing my illness, and won't waste my time listening to lies.

As I said before, they really make you feel the 'love'.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Sorry that happened to you Mr. Flipper. I haven't really experienced that yet.

I will say though that when I was a believer, I WANTED to talk to the DF'd ones, but I thought the BEST THING FOR THEM was to not say hello. Sometimes I just went ahead and said hi, especially if they looked kinda sad. But I thought it was for their good, their everlasting good that i didn't speak to them.

I remember several comments at the meeting saying how the best way to show love to a disfellowshipped person is to not speak to them. They will feel bad and will come back to Jehovah.

I understand you are not disfellowshipped, but I think's its possible that some are being plain old mean, but that others ARE SINCERELY TRYING TO BE OBEDIENT FOR YOUR SAKE.

Remember, that's what we were taught. It still must hurt though.

BF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit