Nasty lyrics in hip hop and Jamaican music where I work! What to do??

by WuzLovesDubs 17 Replies latest jw friends

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I'm sorry but I'm sitting here laughing my ass off, not at you or your situation but I can feel your pain girl. I know I wouldn't be able to handle it. I have no advise to give you but you have my sympathies!

I on the other hand am sitting here in my office with the door closed, doing paperwork and listening to old school R&B (Smokey Robinson is on right now), great way to end the work day.

nj

PS. I have 3 sons and their music is not allowed in my presence. It's not even music, like you said it's yelling and screaming, there isn't even a beat to dance to! What's wrong with them? Back to my paperwork and Smokey

• ninja
    ninja

to be honest....I've been really annoyed since my son got into dean martin.....all my stools,cigars and whisky have went missing

• pmouse
    pmouse

Get an IPod Shuffle and download all the music you like. Plug into your ear buds and work away. That's what I do at work to drown out distracting music, people, conversations, etc. Provided you don't need to interact with the Public.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Same thing where I work!

I just plug into my mp3 player when I get fed up of listening to everyone elses music.

Do you have any union/employee reps there who could negotiate for you - that way you could keep your complaint informal - they could ask the other simply to turn the music down rather than off. Maybe the folks don't realise their music carries so far and might be horrified that it is causing you distress - if they're even aware you're there at all LOL!

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Get your own loud stereo and play Kingdom Melodies.

Dave

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I think I will do two things...ask them to please turn it down so that only THEY can hear their music AND get a new Zune and plug myself in!! If I can hear it after that...I break out the AKs and the rotten tomatoes.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Get into it!! You might like it once you get to know it!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I agree with the iPod suggestion. When I worked night stock I would listen to podcasts all night..helped to pass the time and stopped the canned music from driving me crazy.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit