Hi I'm new here

by BloominMarvellous 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Awww Heather thanks so much, you are a very kind and loving person....I am amazed at how much love and support you have given to

your dear friend BloominMarvellous ...good friends like you come once in a life time. You have both helped her more than anyone would have tried.

You and Mr.Mj have been kind and compassionate, and I feel that Bloomin is now on her way to fabulous new life....

Thankyou for all the fun we had while I was there, talk to you soon...

Ever so grateful,

Love

Hope4others

Best Wishes in all you do Bloomin for your life can only become Marvelous.....

Cheers!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Im feeling happy and upbeat now after a whole week of guilt trips and pain

HEY!!!! Kiddo Youve made my dayHave a great birthday bash.....

• reniaa
    reniaa

interesting read which is all about hatred of Jws and not much else in response to the posters questions.

Bloomin you did realise when going into the Jws that they take a strict biblical moral line?

1 Corinthians 5:9-13 (New International Version)

9 I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you." [ a ]

the gap between those that advocate immorality and those that strictly adhere to a strict bible morality is widening daily, you have to be aware when going into jehovah's witnesses that they put great importance on following Gods words on morality.

You have made a choice that you no longer want to be a Jw but I do not recommend this site as an alternative, you will only get hate of Jws on here note that the elders DID NOT ASK invasive personal questions like you were told they would on here so in this the information on here was false. Remember that! if you really don't want to be a witness you will only get support for that on an ex-witness site like this one but if you actually went into the witnesses because of what they believe on Jehovah and Jesus being his son and bible teachings maybe the best advice is to go and read your bible and try and see what you really want hun.

Take care, my words are harder than others but I hope you find what you really want.

Reniaa

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Awe look who's back, hey reniia! It must be the end of the month, short a few hours huh?

nj

• Gregor
    Gregor

Welcome, Bloomin, Looking forward to getting to know you well enough to borrow money.

G

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

interesting read which is all about hatred of Jws and not much else in response to the posters questions.

Bloomin you did realise when going into the Jws that they take a strict biblical moral line?

Bear in mind bloomin that while the JWs are subject to moral standards they are also subject to an array of other demands of the governing body that go well beyond the scriptures. We do not hate JWs- we love JWs. We hate the damamge done to members by the leadership of the org- aka the Governing body. I would suggest for you a reading of Crisis of Conscience. It is an inside account of how the org is truly run by a former member of the governing body.

1 Corinthians 5:9-13 (New International Version)

9 I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you." [ a ]

My reply. Sure, this makes good moral sense not to engage in spiritual feelowship, or worship with such a person. This is written in the context of the congregation and is obviously speaking of such, a meal and worship in an indiivduals home. This has nothing to do with the shunning JWs are required to inflict on those who disobery governing body demands.

the gap between those that advocate immorality and those that strictly adhere to a strict bible morality is widening daily, you have to be aware when going into jehovah's witnesses that they put great importance on following Gods words on morality.

My reply: The bottom line in the JW relgion is not truly morality- it is loyalty to the organization and a willingness to do whatever they ask you to do or beleive. Noncompliance leads to expulsion and shunning.

You have made a choice that you no longer want to be a Jw but I do not recommend this site as an alternative, you will only get hate of Jws on here note that the elders DID NOT ASK invasive personal questions like you were told they would on here so in this the information on here was false. Remember that! if you really don't want to be a witness you will only get support for that on an ex-witness site like this one but if you actually went into the witnesses because of what they believe on Jehovah and Jesus being his son and bible teachings maybe the best advice is to go and read your bible and try and see what you really want hun.

My reply: You will find a nice vairety of those who have been involved in the org at various different levels, angles, positions and lengths of time and can get a wealth of info useful here. Stick around. I have been in your postion about 19 yrs ago. My advice- read the bible without any Watchtower publications. It will give you a much different story.

Take care, my words are harder than others but I hope you find what you really want.

Reniaa

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Hi and welcome to this site!

If you ever visit North Texas let me know We can get together.

YC

• snowbird
    snowbird

Y'all stop fussing at each other and come to YC's cookout and my fish fry.

Please.

Sylvia

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Welcome Bloomin, and happy belated 21st birthday! (let us know if anyone gets their head chopped off at the bash ). If you're back on here tonight, come on over to Snowbirds virtual fishfry thread and get chatting - its the place to be!

and for our resident wanderer...

I hope you find what you really want.
    Reniaa

I hope you do too someday Reniaa.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yes, Reniaa. I hope you do.

Peace and love to you.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest