Hi I'm new here

by BloominMarvellous 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Priest73
    Priest73
    (But I must admit I caught that too)

I showed some retraint. I didn't mention the part about "groups" picking the position.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi and welcome aboard!

the guilt and the pain that followed made me tell the elders and here I am two days later, desperate for some help and support from any ex JWs who have had the same guilt tripping. I have a meeting with them on saturday, so any questions I can put to them will be gratefully received.

I suggest you check out these verses.

Romans 8:1-2 (New International Version)
    Life Through the Spirit
    1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. Read your bible and find out what it means to be "in Christ". It is mentioned nearly a hundred times in the New Testament so it is an important topic! Of the WT and the "elders" they are talked about here.
    2 Peter 2:1-3 (New International Version)
    False Teachers and Their Destruction
    1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping. All the best, Stephen
  • UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Hi and Welcome Bloomin!

I'm sorry about your situation, but speaking from experience, I can say that you should NOT go to have that meeting with the elders.

If you do ever want someone that you can talk to about God, Jesus, the Bible, or life in general, I will be here.

You can e-mail me at [email protected]

Just know that Jesus loves you and will not condemn you, but will forgive you if you go to Him in faith, and trust that He is your God, Lord, and Savior, who died for your sins on the Cross, and rose from the dead on the third day.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hi there.....

I am sorry for your pain.. Having read this, it sounds like you should be prepared for the possibility of no longer being considered a "publisher". This could include a public announcement... The good news (depending) is that since you are not baptized, you will not be shunned.

I know that your guilt and feelings must be overwhelming. Please don't panic. You will meet with the elders, and get passed that. Perhaps it will give you some time to think through more thoroughly some decisions you were making...

I wish you real PEACE! :)

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Getting drunk and having sexual relations aren't unusual events for young people; even jws. The difference between you and them is that you turned yourself in, and they didn't. This is a CULT; the elders don't have any power over you, so don't let them.

• RaraAvis
    RaraAvis

Wow, this brings back some old feelings of shame and guilt. I wish someone would have told me years ago it is, "impossible to be perfect." I know that sounds trite, but perfection is what they expect. I use to beat myself up so badly when I failed to be perfect.

So please know:

You aren't bad. You aren't dirty. You are 21 and you did nothing wrong. Really do you think your God Jehovah is angry? Do you think He needs for you to tell the elders the details? He gave Jesus because we are ALL sinners. Including those elders you will meet with on Saturday.

Where in the bible does it say one sin is worse than another? Why is sex w/o marriage so offensive, when there are no judicial committees being formed for the elders being judgmental; or their wives who love to gossip. Why is a sexual "sin" always thought of as SO serious, while other "sins" are simply ignored?

WE ALL SIN everyday without even knowing it, if we agree with the bible. Right?

So think about your God, the God you love, and ask yourself: Is He really so arbitrary? Why would He need me to tell elders when He already knows? What did the death of Jesus really mean in regards to imperfection?

What was that scripture...about casting the first stone?

I wish you the best.

ra

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

Only one way to perfection. No amount of working it up will get you there. You have missed it a long time ago like the rest of us!

Isaiah 1:18 (New International Version)

18 "Come now, let us reason together,"
    says the LORD.
    "Though your sins are like scarlet,
    they shall be as white as snow;
    though they are red as crimson,
    they shall be like wool.

Revelation 7:13-14 (New International Version)

13 Then one of the elders asked me, "These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?"

14 I answered, "Sir, you know."

And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

All the best,

Stephen

• BloominMarvellous
    BloominMarvellous

hi guys

thanks for all your help and support

i will let you know how I get on the meeting tonight, singing kingdom melodies and simply towing the line.

Already had a JW friend texting 'are you okay' twice, so i think my study conductor (the one thats shunning me) has spoken to her.

Anyway if i turn heads at the kingdom hall it wont be because im attractive or have a short skirt on!!!!!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well if you do go.Know that every one in the CONG:
    will talk about your downfall.
    For goodness get get away from this cult RUN! dont walk

go and meet with the group of fat, bald, dirty old, white men.
    WHERE???? I am on my way,They sound as if they could revive my sex drive

• parakeet
    parakeet

1. If you're still suffering from depression, see a doctor immediately for counsel and medication.

2. Stop the Bible study, stop going to meetings, stop talking to elders. Get as far away from JWs as you can. Their power over you is only as strong as you allow it to be. You owe them NOTHING.

3. Never go back.

This advice may sound flip, but it's basic and essential if you want to lead a life free of the WTS's indoctrination of fear, guilt and shame. I took 14 years of it. Don't make the same mistake.

Good luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit