Homsexuals---Do You View Them Improperly???

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    ...I don't care what your sexual orientation is. Stop flirting like a teenage girl. Stop lisping, flapping with your hands, and acting like your taste in art work, decorating, etc. is better than the general population.
    People are people.....Heterosexuals can become obnoxious too, but I believe they don't have parades about their sexuality, or put it on a bumpersticker.

Some straight people flaunt their orientation as well. Think about the guy who thinks he's hot and comes on to ever woman that walks into the bar. His shirt is unbuttoned to his navel, with gold chains and sports a bad perm. Most people snicker behind his back. Then there's the slutty chick, who wears too little, too tight with too much make-up and lip gloss. We laugh as she tries to strut her stuff and attract attention. This is no different to me than the flamer who acts like a pre-teen girl and sashays around like he's on a runway or the butch who wears three patterns of plaid and has a buzzcut.

I agree with restrangled, if you're gay, fine, I have no issues with your sexual orientation...but please don't flaunt it, don't exaggerate the mannerisms and the styles. I don't judge you because you're gay, but I will laugh at you if you're trying to get attention by overdressing, overacting or just being stupid, just like I laugh at the loser disco bar guy and the slutty drunk chick.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

The "homosexuality is a birth defect" argument has some supporters but so far, they can't offer a medical treatment or prevention, so it's worthless as a way to deal with the fact of homosexuality and bisexuality.

Kinsey, the sexual researcher, found that human sexuality is on a continuum. Most people are neither 100% heterosexual or 100% homosexual, suprisingly enough.

That's why a society who sees sexuality as "two choices" is scientifically ludicrous. Our own sexual behavior informs us otherwise.

Kinsey discovered that many people who identify as primarily heterosexual have occasional mild to strong homosexual urges, fantasies and behaviors.

And people who identify as primarily homosexual have an occasional heterosexual urge, fantasy or behavior too.

I have a young gay friend who admitted to me that he about died once when he discovered that watching Uma Thurman in "Kill Bill" got him aroused. It totally freaked him out that a WOMAN did that to him and I had to assure him it was normal. It didn't mean he wasn't gay, or mainly attracted to men.

But, it demonstrates why people can fake being straight or genuinely experience an attraction for them that isn't their usual one, and that makes them believe they are "cured" of homosexuality. Or on the other side of the coin, "OMG, am I GAY NOW??"

Our society is so homophobic, some straight guys have a hard time admitting that certain situations, they get an occasional homosexual ping too.

Other societies view that as normal and even allow people to play around or experiment with it, and get it out of their systems, but in Western culture, one homosexual act defines you for life, especially for males.

A lot of primarily heterosexual males are shamed into denying any homosexual experimentation, but people are going to end up being what they are, so we need to learn to relax about it as a society. And yes, some people will find themselves in the middle, experiencing attraction for both sexes. Also perfectly normal.

I've been a sex ed teacher for many years now ,btw.

• watson
    watson

LOL, I can see how Uma might turn a gay man straight!!

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Yeah, but think how weird you'd feel if watching Brad Pitt gave you a hard on when you know you're into women?

I remember Jamie Foxx talking about meeting Prince, and making the comment, "God, he was so pretty, for 2 whole seconds, I was gay!"

I think he got over it, though. LOL

BTW, I'm really pissed at Prince for drinking the JW koolaid and making those stupid homophobic comments in public that he does now. He was a lot more intriguing when he was just his old weird self instead of JW weird.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I agree with Freud:

"Homosexuality is assuredly no advantage, but it is nothing to be ashamed of, no vice, no degradation, it cannot be classified as an illness; we consider it to be a variation of the sexual function produced by a certain arrest of sexual development."

• minimus
    minimus

With regard to the gays or straights that are sooo fem or sooooo over the top, I think THAT'S what makes us feel uncomfortable. I know of a few gay men and they don't "look" gay UNLESS they are around other gay men. Then they become more fem acting....Wassup wit dat??

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I sometimes view them improperly. I have to watch an episode of The Girls Next Door to straighten me out again.

• minimus
    minimus

the L Word

• Gregor
    Gregor

I'm not falling into this trap again.

• Priest73
    Priest73

PSA

Photobucket

Share this

Google+