Disturbing Armageddon Picture On Pg.18 of This week's JW only Watchtower

by african GB Member 33 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

This thread is about an artist that rendered apocalyptic artwork for various religious magazines.

The work looks hauntingly familiar to WT pics and I have heard it said that some of the WT art was his.

Take a look and see what you think.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/175584/1/Is-This-Man-Responsible-For-Many-of-Your-Nightmares

• Perry
    Perry

Wow! That IS disturbing. Looks like they are turning up the heat on phobias and lowering the intellectual rhetoric.

Are they really down to "Leave us and You Will Die"

The picture I have always hatred is the one that shows the earth cracked open and even a little child riding her tricycle and her little hand holding on to a doll falling down into the big crack. I never trusted god after seeing that picture at six years old.

Leprachaun,

That's the one that scared me too when I was around 5 or 6. After 1975, when I didn't die.... I wasn't scared of ANYTHING anymore. The Paradise book has over 40 depictions of people dying, which is where that image you describe is from. I burned my copy when I was an adult.

It was like the children's book from hell.

God Bless.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Thank God that I am not there at the KH. Maybe more people will leave the org because of this disturbing pic.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I had such a warm, fuzzy view of God when I was an Episcopalian child. He was this kindly grandfather God with such wisdom. He loved everyone and there was nothing anyone could do that he could not forgive them for. I thought hell was caca: didn't believe in it one bit. I never saw the big A pics when I was a child. I am very thankful my mother didn't like JW's and also that they never came to my door.

• booby
    booby

Yup, it's true alright. All worldly people (those that are not jw's) spend all their leisure time in cocktail lounges (on the right side) or triple XXX places on the Left of that horrible picture. Notice that the horseman at the top is shooting his arrow at someone on the top of the roof and the others are thundering by to catch more of the "infidels". The ones we see fleeing might survive yet, if that picture depicts how poorly things are organized. On second look it might be chaos caused by airforce one doing a slow fly over of New York city.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

it's incredible that they place this stuff in the 'members only' version, yet hide it from the public watered down version. hmmm I wonder why?

The poster who hinted that this is just to keep the rank in file in line is def. on to something.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

That's Jesus on the horse firing the arrows and thunderbolts, slaughtering for all eternity 99% of the world that he said he came to save. What a grand saviour. Most of the 7 billion people he and the angels massacre of course deserve to die for the unforgiveable sin of being born into a nation that doesn't believe in the bible and therefore has community responsibility towards Jehovah. The rest are seriously evil and wicked for not accepting a single Watchtower and Awake magazine on a Saturday morning.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have that listed as 2003 Learn From the Great Teacher p243

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Johny I do recall the paradise book....shit it was scary and as a child I couldn't sleep at night. BurnTheShips I agree with you. WT's God is a massive murder!!!

But they have "forgotten"Jesus words when He Said" I did not came to judge the world but to SAVE the world"

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Jehoovers love in action....killing the children of "worldly scum" .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit