Disturbing Armageddon Picture On Pg.18 of This week's JW only Watchtower

by african GB Member 33 Replies latest jw friends

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

It shows people running away crying, and fire balls coming from heaven, with angels firing arrows at them.

I really don't think this kind of picture is neccesary.

I don't know how to paste a picture here, I'd appreciate if someone could do it for everyone to see what I am talking about.

GB

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Scan?

• aniron
    aniron

Not seen the picture, but I guess its typical of ones they have done in the past.

If its in the "JW only" edition, then its there to frighten JWs into staying in the WT .

Its saying "See this is what will happen to you if you leave, and those "apostates".

Strange they condemn "Christendom" for frightening people with "hellfire" etc.

But don't seem to see they do the same thing with pictures like this to their own members.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

MY WT shows that Jehovah ran ahead of himself and accidently knocked three of the horsemen off with his damn fireballs!

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

i always used to find the armageddon pictures troubling, especially as a young child. Looking back now i can see exactly why i didn't leave the truth until my balls dropped, i was scared shitless of dying like the 'evil' people in those illustrations.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Complete Watchtower here

"WT_May_15_2009_Vol_130_No_10.pdf" You can access this by clicking the following link:

http://www.box.net/shared/d1i4iq5ne8

fokyc

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Here is the actual pic from the 'tower of today's study WT dated March 15 ,p 18..The congo loved discussing this pic, how wicked they looked and how scared they were....I was disgusted !- I wanted to tell them that they sounded like Nazi's discussing the removal of "The Jews" , but ..family and all.......made me hold my tongue.

• Psychotic Parrot
  • leavingwt
    leavingwt

Thanks for the link to the magazine and for the scan.

The more the public sees this stuff, the better.

How a newly interested person could see this and cheer, I don't know.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I am still floored by the fact that they now publish public and "members only" magazines. Just knowing that fact alone could make curious folks think twice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit