Do you suppose there is a form of human life somewhere else in the universe?

by The Berean 50 Replies latest jw friends

• The Berean
    The Berean

Hmmmm ...

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Most definitely. A planet with conditions very similar to earth has been located in another galaxy. It has yet to be confirmed if intelligent life exists on the planet.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Human like, perhaps. Intelligent without looking too much like a human, more likely. An excellent book to read on this subject is Rare Earth by Peter Ward and Donald Brownlee.

• HappyDad
  • villabolo
    villabolo

HappyDad: WHY NOT?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Depends on your definition of "human."

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Humans? No. Human like? Maybe. Opposable thumbs, stereoscopic vision, bipedalism, and bilateral symmetry seem like good things to have, and would probably be advantageous to have on worlds similar to earth. I highly doubt there'll be any Captain Kirks having to worry about alien paternity lawsuits in the future though.

To steal an expression from Carl Sagan, there are likely many voices in the cosmic fugue, and perhaps quite a few similar ones, but each I think would be unique.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

According to 10,000 year old Sumerian text, the begining of history and civilization of mankind

We were genetically enginered by astronauts from Nibiru. These same text are where the stories

of Adam and Eve, the garden of Eden, the flood, Sodom and Gomorah all come from.

You can read about them in the Slave Species of God or the 12th planet by Zechariah Sitchin.

Read the reviews at Amazon.com see what you think.

There are like 186 reviews to the 12th planet.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Sometimes I think it'd be nice if there was some here on Earth!

But, no, I really hope there's life on other planets. Maybe they didn't screw things up as badly as we have. *G*

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon
    Maybe they didn't screw things up as badly as we have.

Some probably have done worse. There's a little thought experiment called Drake's Equation, which attempts to determine the number of technologically advanced civilizations in the galaxy. I say thought experiment because we really don't know all the variables so it's a lot of guess work. One of the variables is whether the civilization survives itself, it doesn't self-destruct through warfare or environmental disasters. It may be that most do not, and that could be why we haven't heard anyone out there yet. This is all just wild speculation though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit