Do you suppose there is a form of human life somewhere else in the universe?

by The Berean 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

BurnTheShips------LOL LOL LOL

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Then there is a lot of space going waste if we are the only ones in this vast cosmos

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Humans evolved on this planet. It is possible, however, that life on Earth was seeded by another source in the universe (panspermia).

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Now, do I think intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe? It's a mighty big place; it seems likely. But we have no way to know one way or another yet. We have no idea how common any sort of life is in the universe, let alone intelligent life.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Or maybe the advanced races hit a technological Singularity and go "poof" into an alternate dimension. They are all living in hyperspace as Immortals. A quantum heaven, or paradise, or Kingdom Come, if you will. They are all partying on down with the Alien that started it all.

We just haven't gotten there yet.

BTS

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Ummm. That's "Stargate SG1" Burns. (I guess I just outed myself as a sci-fi geek too)

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Yorkshire? Do you live anywhere near where one of my favorites lived?
    Gracie Fields? Is she still around?

Granny - she was born in Rochdale which is in La... Laaaaan.... Llllll....

ON THE DARK SIDE of the Pennines LOL!!!!!!!

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Unfortunately, it seems as though most people base their beliefs about life in the Universe on pop sci fi. Most pop sci fi has very little science and a whole lot of fantasy and drama. I've read some very good true science fiction, though.

Life has existed on Earth for about 3 billion years, give or take, and for most of that time it has not been what we arrogant hominids consider "intelligent." All of recorded human history fits within the last 10,000 years. We were just as intelligent in the hundred thousand years before recorded history as we are now, but we had not developed the social systems then that we have today. In many respects it seems we have yet to master the necessary skills as a species to deal effectively with our current level of complexity.

Like I wrote before, it is very probable that life exists elsewhere in the Universe. Bacteria are probably the most common form of life in the cosmos. I imagine there are also countless planets with complex organisms and diverse ecosystems. It is quite possible that some of those organisms are self aware and "intelligent." Their intelligence may or may not manifest itelf in the same ways that ours does. Even if there were human-like beings on some other planets, there is no guarantee that they would follow the same developmental path that we have.

Dave

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes, I believe in the possibility of other intelligent life on other planets. This place is HUGE, so why not? We aren't THAT special, really.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Singularity did appear in SG-1 I love that episode!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit