WHAT IS JW VIEW ON CONITNENTIAL DRIFT?

by badboy 32 Replies latest jw friends

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon
    It is quite likely that—perhaps triggered by the Flood itself—the plates moved, the sea bottom sank, and the great trenches opened, allowing the water to drain off the land.

Sadly the human race went extinct shortly after the flood as Noah and his family were wiped out by the huge tsunamis caused by these dramatic plate movements.

• VM44
    VM44

"The textbook Planet Earth—Glacier states: “Where the mountains of the world now tower to dizzy heights, oceans and plains once, millions of years ago"

Planet Earth Glacier. Alexandria, VA: Time-Life Books,1982

"Planet Earth-Glacier" is a Time-Life book!

Who calls a Time-Life book a textbook?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

WHAT IS JW VIEW ON CONITNENTIAL DRIFT?

I'm sure most of them never heard of the expression. If the organization has expressed a viewpoint, then that is officially what every single Jw believes. They dare not.

Jeff

• llbh
    llbh

All drifting away from Jehovah's organization shows that we are under the influence of the master drifter, Satan the Devil. So brothers, it is reasonable to conclude that Jehovah also disapproves of "continental drift". Indeed, the scriptures say, the entire earth is in the control of Satan and this no doubt applies to the continents as well. It is only fitting that when the new system comes and the world is once again under the righteous rule of it's rightful ruler, that Jehovah will presumably cause the continents to realign and rejoin as they undoubtedly were in the garden of Eden before mankind's fall. The only question that should concern us, is: Will we be faithful? Will be there with our loved ones to see this stunning fulfillment of Jehovah's purpose?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Many years ago I recall reading articles in WT or AW that were skeptical of the Continental plate 'theory' , but more recently I have seen passages that seem to accept it.

Sorry that I am without a c/d rom at the moment or I would find something

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Typically they cannot limit discussion solely to the issue at hand

On the convection currents in the magma:

"Convection currents in air or water rise about a central point, not along the edge of a plate." Were not talking air or water here.

The reason magma rises along the edge of the continental plates is simply because the magma that rose previously has set solid and the liquid rock can only emerge along the edges where there is no resistance to it. And it is happening that way - I saw it myself on TV.

(Reminds me of a certain poster who keeps inserting trinity red herrings into any discussion to distract from the other irrelevancies...)

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They also attempt to cast doubt on the proven relativistic effect of time dilation.

"Some even claim that time flows at different rates depending on speed." ( A rather paraphrase quote as I can't remember the Asleep! it was in - it was an article by a physicist, and I think the "some claim" bit was added by some adolescent male editor who doesn't have a clue.

A bit like the stupid explanation of C14 dating, (which becomes their straw man to prove all forms of dating rocks and fossils are unreliable)

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

CONITNENTIAL this is one of the Witchtower's subductive mental implant words.

The reader thinks that one thing is under discussion (continental drift in this case) but then has unconscious doubts planted in his brain (rather like the pictures of evil demunzz they put in the pictures of happy smiling people listening to Jesus in first century drag.)

"CONIT" - this part means the gofor is to be conned by what he is reading into seeing the WTBTS as the ones who are really in the know.

"NENTIAL" - the WT here uses a "complementary hypnotic completion effect" -

They often brag how they have EXPOsed false religion. Here they claim to EXPOse false science. The reader unconsciously links this to NENTIAL, and the limbic system takes this as a message that their doubts in worldly science will increase exponentially, like the sea floor ridges.

It is so good to be free of Witchtower pseudo logic, isn' t it?

HB

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Without reading any WT literature on the subject, I can give you the JW take on plate tectonics or continental drift:

WTS is right about everything. Science is usually wrong. Science says that the continents move. Their theories are controversial because they wrongly assume that the continents did not experience the earthwide flood. But their theories go to show that WTS must be right that there is an explanation for how the waters covered the highest mountains. Just accept that science has theories and fit them into WTS facts, and you have the correct understanding.

That's the JW view of that science, or about any science.

• badboy
    badboy

IF THE EARTH LAND WAS FLAT PRIOR TO FLOOD,THAT MEANS THE MOUNTAINS WENT UPWARDS AT AN AVERAGE OF A HUNDRED EET A YEAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit