WHAT IS JW VIEW ON CONITNENTIAL DRIFT?

by badboy 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

"rate would have to be much higher in fact since you would need to factor in erosion. According to surveys of the Himalayan plateau, a total of 5-9 km of rock was eroded from the Tibetan Himalayas and about 12-25 km from the Higher Himalayas...." Which would mean a rate of uplift at least 2.5 times and perhaps 3 times [approx.] that of '13 feet per day'... Wheeee! Much stronger earthquakes!!

Keeping in mind we're just playing with an old Middle Eastern legend here and trying to 'fit' actual geological processes into that mythological timetable, what strength earthquakes do you think we're talking about - using the Richter scale, just to simplify things - oh, and I also didn't take time to calculate the length of the Himalayan ranges into the estimate... - so, what strength? I suspect the earthquakes would be well off the scale ... Never mind using the Richter...

Zid

• still_in74
    still_in74

What happened to the floodwaters after the Flood? They must have drained into the sea basins. How? Scientists believe that the continents rest on huge plates......

What the hell is that? the WTS proposes a guess as to why the flood waters receeded and then follow it with "scientists believe..." ???

Is this a REVERSE bait and switch?? Tell a lie and then appearto support it with science?

• Kudra
    Kudra

The Rolling Stones have a cool song called "Continental Drift".

I heard it a few years ago and loved it. I downloaded it a day or so ago and it isn't as cool as I rememberr it beut still pretty neat. It is sort of ...Indian sounding or something. Neat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit