aww, do witnesses have to be so contrary all the time?

by mraimondi 17 Replies latest jw friends

• mraimondi
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That's called a backhanded compliment

• RaraAvis
    RaraAvis

Great comment :) minus the Pharisaical attitude and judgment

ra

• undercover
    undercover

Being negative is the JW creed. Many of them can't look at anything without finding some kind of fault with it.

It's not necessarily their fault. Look at their "mother", the organization. Look at the negative climate that it visualizes for all its followers. Everything demonized, everything worldly, everything doomed to destruction.

After so many years of being bombarded with that kind of negativity, you tend to exude it yourself.

Take the flag and the bingo board. The flag represents the nation in which they live. Nationalism...ooooh bad. Bingo. Bingo is a form of gambling and is played in a lot of churchs....ooooh double bad.

Most people look at the photo and see a snapshot of a wonderful moment in time... a child reaching for a balloon. It's a great shot. But to the negative person, they see the evil that has been programmed into their brains for years and years. They can't help but focus on it at the same time their focusing on the subject, an innocent child reaching for an innocent balloon.

But, hey...they missed one. There's a TV on the wall.

BTW, this wasn't a birthday party was it?

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

You may want to block out the names.

• dinah
    dinah

Contrary? That's all they do. If everyone else is doing it, the Witnesses can't lest they not be different from the world and have people not be able to differentiate between the true followers of Gawd and the posers.

Why don't they suggest that everyone stop breathing because gay people breathe?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Being negative is the JW creed. Many of them can't look at anything without finding some kind of fault with it.

It's not necessarily their fault. Look at their "mother", the organization. Look at the negative climate that it visualizes for all its followers. Everything demonized, everything worldly, everything doomed to destruction.

After so many years of being bombarded with that kind of negativity, you tend to exude it yourself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I wish I could figure out how to quote other posters )

But I SO agree with this crummy mindset....as applied in EVERY situation!

No matter what the subject....they are sure to pick up on something and make a big deal out of things that are really quite insignificant. Nit-picky to the Nth degree....except when it comes down to their OWN tiny pagan idolatries when it comes to bridesmaids, groomsmen, wedding cake, and several various elements that are part of the wedding ceremony and that all JWs turn a deaf ear to listening to when you try and inform THEM of how "pagan" their wedding ceremony is.

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

i dont need to block out names, its totally public on facebook.

• The Berean
    The Berean

Doomsdayers tend to attract nay-sayers. I am not sure which came first the seed or the soil ...

• ninja
    ninja

I think it was a spunky comment from ......."vera semon".....he he

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit