My JW Daughter sends a Letter to us Explaining her Shunning of Me

by flipper 81 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the replies ! Been working all night last night so I couldn't reply.

AK - JEFF- Thanks Jeff. Appreciate it. My daughter is kind , but just mind controlled like the rest of them. That is creepy what the JC elder told the exiting Bethel elder " we have your kids ". That is frightening and another reason why this organization HAS to be stopped. Thanks, going to try to reach out authentically to my daughter.

RESTRANGLED- Thanks for the U-tube. That's sweet. Very touching.

BARBIE DOLL- Thanks for the kind words sis. Very true that my daughter is still seeking communication so that's a good thing. Like Mouthy said I will just keep it simple and tell her I love her . Just going to stay authentic about family things in communicating with her. No JW topics. Hopefully it will help me develop some rapport and trust with her

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump this up for those who hadn't seen this letter from my witness daughter to my wife and I. I'm bumping it up in conjunction with the thread on my response letter so you can gt a total picture of what went down. Thanks,all responses welcomed

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Mr. And Mrs. Flipper

First I wish I could give you both big hugs!!! It reminds me SO.....much of when my parents 1st left the organization, about two years before I would listen to anything they tried to share with me. I distinctively remember telling my daughter who was then about 10 NEVER to leave Jehovah or his organization, even if something happened to her father or I and we stopped loving Jehovah. ( I sadley equated loving God to loving the organization and did not believe you could have one without the other.) This was said in a very heartelt conversation I had with her after she caught me crying because of my great sadness in losing my parents to Saten. (So I then thought.)

I often think of how greatful I am that she was so young, even though she was very mature being a only child and very knowledgeable regarding JW doctorine at that age, that I could undue and reteach her how her Father and I had been lied to ourselves. Had she been a grown adult I fear we too could be in your situation. So my heart truely goes out to you!!

It took me forever to finally come around to listen to my parents. ( I know you have talked with them at length recently, Rockhound and Sweet Pea.) They have probably told you how difficult it was, and how one of their 5 children are still in and refuse to acknowledge them even when in the same grocery line with only a cart between them. My heart just aches for the pain my brother has inflicted upon them!!

These are the same parents that protected us, provided for us, sacraficed EVERYTHING for us, and who had NEVER lied to us, and yet we doubted them and were scared to listen to them. I feel ashamed that it took me two years to finally listen to those who loved me most in the world. We were in a cult and were completely brainwashed!! In fact I often tell my parents they just trained me TOO good!! In the JW ways that is! So please know others feel your pain and love you both. Please don't give up on her though. I am so greatful my parents didn't give up on me!!! And they are hopeful that one day their son will come around too. It may take much more time, but I gaurentee in the back of her mind all the "crying wolf" the organization does will eventually take it tole and perhaps enough so for them to wake up. Hang in there!!! HUGS to you both!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• flipper
    flipper

LADY LIBERTY- Nice to hear from you ! Hope you and hubby are doing well. Thanks for the support and kind words. We will continue to hang in there in helping my daughter see the light that is real in life ! I'm just concentrating on developing the authentic, close father/daughter relationship now based on family affection. No witness or cult talk- just authentic love. I enjoyed talking with your folks and had a lot of good advice from them to put to use. I know in time it will work on my daughter as she is really sweet- just mind controlled. Not a question of IF she comes out, just a question of WHEN she exits the cult. I know I just have to go slowly, be patient and show her that her inactive dad still loves her no matter what. Thanks for the hugs- my wife and I like hugs ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Flipper,

Very sad situation, when it is obvious that you both love each other.

Sad when we can’t separate Jehovah from the society, that’s why there are so many similar cases like this.

KT

• flipper
    flipper

KAYTEE- It is sad because as you say my daughter and I do love each other dearly. But I am in the process of re-reading Steve Hassan's book " Releasing the Bonds- Empowering People to Think for Themselves " - and he states in there that unconditional family love in the end is much more powerful than conditional cult love . Well- I'm going to work hard at testing that statement in the next oncoming months as I am reaching out writing loving letters to my daughter. I won't stop until I re-develop a closer relationship with her. I've got a good feeling about it

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Hi Mr Flipper

22 years old is young, please remember that. She may begin to start thinking for herself later in life, all ican say is keep on doing what you are doing. Send her flowers, send her presents, keep writing to her. You already have a letter from her after giving her an anniversary gift, look at this as a positive. She sounds as if she loves you and thinks of you alot, keep this in mind when responding, if you respond to her with your own beliefs about the org then she may back off.

Well done for what you have done already, i'm sure you will not give up. I hope and pray you get your daughter back.

Paul

• flipper
    flipper

DIGDERIDOO- Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts. 22 years old is young - I know she will go through many more lifes experiences in years to come. I will keep trying to reach out to her as a father to a daughter- minus any JW discussion. I think that will give me the best opportunity to get her back. Thanks again, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• TooManyMuffinEggs
    TooManyMuffinEggs
    Yikes, painful! And no offense @ Sad Michael I think you might be on the wrong site! Because this situation is not fixed by merely going back. Some food for thought.....
  • flipper
    flipper
    TOOMANYMUFFINEGGS- I agree, the problem with my daughter wouldn't be fixed by going back- I realize that- one of the many reasons I would never go back . It would send my daughter the wrong message

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit