My JW Daughter sends a Letter to us Explaining her Shunning of Me

by flipper 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger
    Perhaps you can mention to her that you have not told her the full story about why you are not going to meetings. You didn't want to burden her with your problems...the truth is that you are feeling depressed - you have been praying to Jah about your feelings of worthlessness because you feel you are not doing enough...

Seek to engage her emotions and endeavour to meet face to face to talk...

Go slow and take baby steps as you introduce matters that you have been meditating on - matters that you have been praying to Jah about tearfully eg R. Jensen letters

That's what I mean't about not mentioning anything. I really believe that the above will be interpreted as "He's dangerous. There's stuff he wants to tell me. I mustn't give him the opportunity."

The longer you can maintain contact and prove that you are no threat the more chance, I believe, you have of reconnecting.

Everyone to his own, and obviously Flipper knows his daughter better than anyone - but that's my gut feeling.

Best wishes

Pub

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

I know Mr.Flipper the feeling. Since you also know my personal situation. Unfortunately for them Organization = Jehovah. I know how is the feeling to be accused for something that is not your fault. It is not our fault that we don't believe in a man made Orgaization, but most of all a false prophet. Most of us in this forum we don't have anything against our relatives and friends that they are JW's. We love them dearly and we feel sorry that we cannot help them to escape from the EVIL Watchtower Society.

What we hate is the leadership of this brain controled cult end the fact that they are evil, liars, false prophets and they are blood quilty for the loss of innocent lives due to their unhuman policies, either it was neuatrality issue, blood transfussions, organ transplans.

And just a very small tip since I'm privellaged to have the Original Greek text and can read it and I need no uneducated old fool from Brooklyn to tell me the meaning of the Bible, that was written in Greek, my mother language...

There is a lot of difference from the English Text to the Hellenic on the matter of shunning. In 1 Corinthians 5:1-13, WT uses the word associate. Well the Greek word is completely different. It is "συναναμυγνισθε", that actually means mixing. But in Greek it is refering for the Holy Communion when it is using this word. The only time that the congregation is mixing together is with Jesus Blood and Flesh since Jesus unites all. So Pauls council was to refuse the sinner to have Communion.

Since Communion is the ultimate privelage for the Christian, then by forbitting the sinner to have this privelage it is the only way to realize what is missing=JESUS. This is being kept in the Orthodox Apostolic Church for 2000 years. The Church NEVER hates the sinner, only the sin and the Church is a spiritual hospital for the souls of the sinners. No matter what no one is kicked out....Jesus is LOVE and LOVES US ALL

JustHuman14 formely know justhuman

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Hey Mr Flipper...well I am trying not to dwell on my own situation and stay objective here. Perhaps there is some opening here, I hope there is. She did seem to leave it completely open to Mrs Flipper. Her preaching WT rhetoric to you is making me puke here....especially after you sent her a no strings attached gift of love....Is this the younger or the older one?

• snowbird
    snowbird

My dear Mr. Flipper, I'm sooooo sorry.

My advice is to continue to be your patient, kind, gentle self. Having talked with you and your wife, I know you both to be some allright White people! Just trying to make you smile.

Your daughter loves you. That comes through loud and clear. I will pray for her, same as I do for my daughter, that the love she has for you will override the cult pull on her.

Please rest assured that you are in my prayers.

Peace and love to you and Mrs. Flipper.

Sylvia

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Perhaps you might want to quote a few scriptures such as Revelation 20:10 and therefore do not want to be associated with any false prophets,

of any kind ! Quoting bible scriptures may actually force her to rethink what she is involved with and may eventually unbind her from this form

of mental slavery. Maybe one day she'll see too that the WTS is just one of many man's con jobs that originally started out as a business venture

that evolved into a power venture by disingenuous men.

Revelation 20:10

And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

First and foremost, as has already been mentioned, is the relationship with your daughter... her TRUE personality, not the cult one!

You and Mrs. Flipper were loving, awesome, and BRILLIANT to send the flowers, card, and gift! I am overjoyed that it was received and that you actually got a response!

When you write back, do not respond to the shunning explanation at all. Yes, it might be consipicuous by its absence, but that's alright. Neither should you mention scriptures or anything JW-related at all.

Just go on about how wonderful it was to hear from her and you are so glad they liked the presents, etc. Appeal to her true heart.

Remember this: She is only 22. There is hope... and love conquers all. My beloved family who were shunning me in past years have all come back to me.

Love to you,
    Baba.

edited to say... I don't think the conversation could go any better than the one Amazing Grace suggests here... it is perfect!

If I were you I would write a lovely letter back Telling how happy you was
    to read of her love for you. & Happy she liked the gift.
    That she was a gift to you when she was born...BUT
    ignore all the bits about the preaching. Dont make it a long one.
    I too would mention what a happy life you have with the MISSUS.
    & tell her if her marraige is as happy ,then that is another gift to you
  • undercover
    undercover

Wow...that had to be a tough letter to read. Your daughter obviously cares deeply about you both, despite the cult control. But the control is still there. Hopefully you can glean something from the Hassan books to help her think for herself.

Good luck to all the Flipper family...

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

I have three sons who are faithful, one has been disfellowshipped for 2 years and is soon to be reinstated. I agreed with it then and I agree with it now. My wife agreed wth it then and does not agree with it now. What has changed? Jehovah didn't neither did I or my sons. even the one who was disfellowshipped understands why and agrees with it. She has jumped overboard and let go of the life preserver, the only thing is the one she thought she was going to rescue is already back on board. I hope you can find some way to be rescued too

Dear Sad Micheal,

I can only assume from your comments that when (or if) the WTS finally realise just how counter-productive and unChristian the idea of shunning is, then you will still be doing it it. You know, since you've come to this decision yourself and since Jehovah hasn't changed.

Btw, could you please show me proof of Jesus shunning? From everything I know of the Bible, he actually went out of his way to associate with "sinners" who JWs today would shun.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

it isnt even that she is doing it because it is an objectively right thing to do.

If the Borg flip flops again and says its okay to have contact she would be there in a flash.

No Jehovah doesn't change - only what his earthly organisation tells him and his side-kick Jesus to do changes.

HB

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

sadmichael,

pls show me scriptually where shunning is correct. If you can show me, I will accept it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit