Has Your Personality Changed Since Leaving The Witnesses?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Less judgemental.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well I started my deprogramming about 13 years ago. I have shed a lot of my cult indoctrinated personality and have returned to a more natural me, it was painfull and pleasurable at times, but I feel more like myself now, my thinking is continually getting clearer as I work towards more honesty with myself and no longer repressing my true personality, I feel more whole would be the word that discribes it.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

frankiespeakin:

I started my "deprogramming" right about the same time you did and started the "fade" a year later.

It took several years before I felt like the more "normal" self I was before I made the mistake of joining this sham of a religion. There are some memories I wish I could purge from my brain and people I would just as soon have never met.

Even though I am less "judgmental" now about people's faith in general, I have no tolerance for high-control groups of any sort or anybody who is looking to enslave other people and keep them in ignorance, separate them from families or deprive them of human rights.

These groups need to be exposed.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I believe I was born to question and be skeptical. It was not any choice. My mom always had doubts which she shared with us with the provision that we never report back to our father and extended relatives. I had no grand rationale when I left. As I matured to the ripe old age of 16, I started to rebel more and more. Manhattan became a fixation. The Beatles, Dylan, and the WHO were nails in the JW coffin. I never felt love or caring at the KH. My JW relatives loved me but would they risk eternal life for me? The 1960s encouraged distrust of authority. Many Roman Catholics my age refused to go to church, too. I loved worldly relatives and all humans in general. My dream was to be a tour guide at the UN.

Our neighborhood was so RC. They were good people, not evil.

I fit so many stereotypes for my age. Once my classmates and I seized a college building. The profs were not upset. They were bemused which meant we had no power. In the middle of our protests, we fetched books from their offices and followed precise directions on how to water their office plants. I question authority in almost all areas.

I became their nightmare. When I tell acquaintces why I feel it is a cult, I never focus on theology but ways that would make all cults less likely to flourish.

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

The core personalities of Mrs. Being and I stayed the same.

However; the last years of our being in the congregations

brought on the psychological condition know as, projection.

This happens when a person near you has an all encompassing

desire, so much so, that his/her emotions are transmitted to another.

Since we've cut off association with psychopaths, megalomaniacs

and nihilistic people; God's spirit envelopes us more fully!

(Not that all there were; just loopy, snotty and "know-it-all" types!)

Our study and research has brought satisfaction, endowment

and calm into our lives and benefited our personalities as well.

• minimus
  • JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

My core values have not changed, but I'm have difficulty saying any words with the letter "R" in them.

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

Less judgemental, less strict

• d
    d

I am more outgoing.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I get less hairballs.

S

Share this

Google+