Pics and Bios of Current Governing Body

by purplesofa 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

John Barr's wife is a sweet old lady with white hair. I met them years ago, when they came down to the cong I used to be in and worked in field circus with her. She was very persuasive with the business territory we worked. Then we did street work. I used to hate this on busy streets near where I lived. He had gone door to door with a young pioneer and got into a Trinity discussion. So he got a real taste of what the work was like outside of Bethel. He was really old then, now he is way older! I agree he seems so frail, maybe not going to make it past 2010.

Thanks for the update Purps.

Kit

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

they have made a full commitment to Jehovah in their lives

Pure adulterated bullshit , they have made a standing commitment to themselves and this organization which

has now elevated themselves to a higher and predominate stature, complete with all the staying perks and

a much better lifestyle. You can be assured they will be bringing out new light to keep all of this going,

just as their predecessors have done before them.

Can you comprehend this assertion Reniaa.

I think a lot of grade school children can figure this out without much of a problem.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

If I recall correctly, none of these guys became anointed before 1935. Jack Barr is the only one old enough to have done so, and I think I read somewhere that he didn't "get the calling" until the 40s or so. Perhaps someone can verify this.

I wonder if Jack Barr ever thought he would become an old man "in this system." Just another example of how time is the enemy of the WT...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    nice profiles whatever else you say about them they have made a full commitment to Jehovah in their lifes.

Yeah, I can say that about tons of members. Congregations are loaded with wives and mothers that had been pioneering all their lives and men who serve in positions of responsibility. Don't elevate people to the status of "cream-of-the-crop" because they have such a nice bio.

Reniaa, all deceivers have nice profiles - it's how they become deceivers.

Even as a believer, I recognized that there were good people in the lower rungs of this corporate ladder. Climbing just means you are further isolated from the world outside of WTS and have further to fall, so you cling tighter to the corporation ladder and do whatever WTS says.

Still, these men are to be the most pitied and despised at the same time. They can see what a silly notion it is that Jehovah operates through their discussions and majority votes, yet they change doctrine like it really is Jehovah doing it. They are taught to mistrust the members at all levels below their own.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

The idea that God needs a corporation is one of the sillier things about JW doctrine.

As if incorporation, a modern human legalisitic concept, is necessary to worship God. It'd make me giggle if it wasn't so sad.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"As I was reading through the bios, every one of the members is married, which I did not know." PurpleSofa

I'm going to tug your thread slightly off track here for a moment, PurpleSofa. Don't worry, I'll put it back when I'm done.

That comment brings up an interesting - and common - misperception. The Boy Scouts of America (who also have had problems with pedophiles in their midst) refuse to admit open and practicing homosexuals into their organization. They are operating under the misperception that married men are never pedophiles. In point of fact, MOST pedophiles are HETEROSEXUAL. Also, over 50% of pedophiles who prey on girls (as opposed to boys) are ACTIVE CHRISTIANS IN GOOD STANDING WITHIN THEIR RESPECTIVE RELIGIOUS GROUPS.

I repeat. That's ACTIVE. Not 'just attending occasionally'. There all the time, likely serving in some position of authority or responsibility. Personally, I suspect that the Middle Eastern male attitudes that pervade the bible are the main reasons underlying that last figure.

So, being a married male member of a Christian organization does not statistically exempt you from segments of society that are likely to commit pedophilia. In the cases of pedophilia directed towards girls, it actually INCREASES the chances that the male Christian will molest someone...

[pats thread gently back into place...] There, PurpleSofa! Thanks for letting me borrow it for a moment! Zid

• garybuss
    garybuss

These guys are all showered, shaved, and shined in suits and ties. They look like business men who never worked a day in their lives. Board of governors for another big business religion. Big bums with big bucks!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Geff Jackson born in 1955???? HE'S LIKE 50 YEARS OLD AND ANOINTED???? Imagine in 20 years time when their allowing 18 year old Governing body members....."Yeah dude I like totally think we should have meetings at the beach!"..."All in favour say Dude" "DUDE!" "The dudes win dude."

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Just a mile down the road from here is Louis Tussaud's waxworks exhibtion, within is the horror gallery, and on display are some of the most notorious villians ever to inhabit the planet. Those deceivers from Brooklyn deserve a special place of their own next to one or two historical waxed evil doctors but the cultic menace group would be classified as the spin doctors from hell.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

They're just chief marketing executives for the WTS. and financial advisers.

Their most important role is to keep a constant illusion up and going in front of the public that this

organization is really and truly god's only solemn organization, they have the printing presses available

to them to accomplish this task .

It's worked for them for the past 100 years, maybe a few more, who knows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit